** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

52 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't believe for a second that the UCF staff is going around and telling recruits that they are going to be in Nebraska next season. And even if they do come to Nebraska my guess is they would sell the kids on the staff rather than the program just in case they do make a move to Nebraska so a kid they like won't jump ship then. This thread might be the longest thread in Huskerboard history by the time this is all said and done. 

Any way we could find out if this is true?  What is the longest one in history? Now you have me curious.

3 hours ago, FTW said:

Word is his staff is telling parents of recruits (targeted by UCF, not yet signed) that they're moving to Nebraska in the coming months. The way this thing is going down, I find it hard to believe Moos hasn't sent feelers out to SF. I'm betting he has. Too many people close to the program know a lot.

word from where?

1 hour ago, Saunders said:

Good article about Frost's offense.  I like the simplicity/complexity aspect.  Makes sense in the college game to teach just a few core concepts with small wrinkles that can be used to make adjustments throughout the game.  Similar to TO in that regard IMO.

Also, the article contends that the main "kryptonite" to this offense is teams with very elite talent units at DL and the secondary.  In other words, he might have great success in the B1G West, but struggle against the Ohio States and Alabamas of the world.  I think we could live with that.  It gets us to the big games, and anything can happen on a given Saturday.

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

That doesn't sit well with me if true. I'm sure parents and people have been asking them about it, but, to say that when nothing has been set in stone or made public? Seems risky.

I don't know. It's a slippery slope I guess. If I'm a parent of a recruit these days I think I would need to understand that the chances of the coach recruiting your child still being their in four years is much lower than it ever has been.

That's probably why it's not true. It doesn't make sense. That would be essentially recruiting for Nebraska while paid by UCF.

4 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Good article about Frost's offense.  I like the simplicity/complexity aspect.  Makes sense in the college game to teach just a few core concepts with small wrinkles that can be used to make adjustments throughout the game.  Similar to TO in that regard IMO.

Also, the article contends that the main "kryptonite" to this offense is teams with very elite talent units at DL and the secondary.  In other words, he might have great success in the B1G West, but struggle against the Ohio States and Alabamas of the world.  I think we could live with that.  It gets us to the big games, and anything can happen on a given Saturday.

To be fair, wouldn't that defense wreak havoc on nearly all offenses?  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Husker N StL said:

I agree.  I was posting them for comedic value.  

Although... You have to admit that the fanbase is desperate for a consistent winner in Lincoln. 

10,000 people showing up to a UCF home game wearing the red shirts would be memorable.