** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

SEC fans are destroying their conference and they don't even realize it. LSU fans had a complete meltdown two years ago and almost go Miles fired. Last year they were pounding the doors to get Miles fired all year. They went ahead and fired him for their DL coach. Morons. 

Florida fans are trying to push out a coach that won the SEC East the last two seasons. They are so naive that they thing a simple coaching change will magically make their offense explosive like Oklahoma State. Morons. I think that job doesn't open up unless their AD is dumb enough to go down that path and eroding their program even more with another bad hire. Florida fans are assume Scott Frost is theirs. 

TN job may open and at least this one is reasonable. They fired Fulmer and will not recover for a while yet. They do have some good talent to work with though. 

South Carolina pushed out Steve Spurrier. They will not be having another 10 win season in ages. 

There are some nutty Auburn fans that want their head coach to go to Arkansas. 

Arkansas may end up firing their head coach at the end of this season or next season. Who exactly would they hire that will make that program great? Nobody. 

A&M fans want to fire their coach. They would likely get some interest from good names, but I doubt they fire him. They have won 5 out of their last 6 games and play Miss. State on Saturday. All of the games left on their schedule are pretty winnable. 

IMO, because Alabama is so dominate these days and they had an amazing run for several years, the fans in that conference have gone insane and have lost touch with their pre SEC years before the conference went on that run. 

MIssouri's coach left and now they have the 70th ranked recruiting class. 

LSU was stupid for firing Les Miles. Really? A guy that won you a NC? He was a thorn in Saban's side! Even being competitive and losing to Alabama helps you in recruiting the same way it helped Nebraska losing to Oklahoma for so long. Firing Kevin Sumlin would be a mistake at A&M. Can Arkansas even afford to fire Bielema? Sheesh.

The one difference I see here, most of these coaches at one point had highly successful seasons, some more than others. We probably wouldn't even be discussing firing Riley if he had achieved the same level of success in year 2 or showed similar progress this year as the coaches above.

1 minute ago, FTW said:

LSU was stupid for firing Les Miles. Really? A guy that won you a NC? He was a thorn in Saban's side! Even being competitive and losing to Alabama helps you in recruiting the same way it helped Nebraska losing to Oklahoma for so long. Firing Kevin Sumlin would be a mistake at A&M. Can Arkansas even afford to fire Bielema? Sheesh.

The one difference I see here, most of these coaches at one point had highly successful seasons, some more than others. We probably wouldn't even be discussing firing Riley if he had achieved the same level of success in year 2 or showed similar progress this year as the coaches above.

You don't fire Miles to hire who they hired. Just like you don't fire Bo to hire Riley. Both were terrible hires. LSU is likely to finish the season at 2-2. 

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Ole Miss Rebels (Southeastern Conference) (2005–2007)
2005 Ole Miss 3–8 1–7 T–5th (Western)      
2006 Ole Miss 4–8 2–6 T–4th (Western)      
2007 Ole Miss 3–9 0–8 6th (Western)      
Ole Miss: 10–25 3–21  
USC Trojans (Pac-12 Conference) (2013)
2013 USC 6–2 6–1 T–2nd (South)      
USC: 6–2 6–1  
LSU Tigers (Southeastern Conference) (2016–present)
2016 LSU 6–2 4–2 T–2nd (Western) W Citrus 14 13
2017 LSU 6–2 3–1        
LSU: 12–4 7–3  
Total: 28–31
  • Plus1 1
3 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Florida fans are trying to push out a coach that won the SEC East the last two seasons. They are so naive that they thing a simple coaching change will magically make their offense explosive like Oklahoma State. Morons.

You mean like how you're saying that Nebraska hiring Scott Frost would magically fix everything?

• Plus1 6

I have it on good authority that Scott Frost is actually going to join Pat Fitzgerald as co-head coach at Northwestern next year for $900,000 a year.

I played basketball with the punter on campus today and he was telling me it's all in place. Said Frost has always loved Chicago but the city is too much of a hassle and of course the U of Chicago doesn't even have football. He said Evanston is ideal because it's safe and the housing market is great and it's only a 30 minute drive or a 5 minute helicopter ride into the city for Scott and his family to do fun stuff.

I know what I am talking about with this and I am correct. 

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

I have it on good authority that Scott Frost is actually going to join Pat Fitzgerald as co-head coach at Northwestern next year for $900,000 a year.

I played basketball with the punter on campus today and he was telling me it's all in place. Said Frost has always loved Chicago but the city is too much of a hassle and of course the U of Chicago doesn't even have football. He said Evanston is ideal because it's safe and the housing market is great and it's only a 30 minute drive or a 5 minute helicopter ride into the city for Scott and his family to do fun stuff.

I know what I am talking about with this and I am correct. 

http://athletics.uchicago.edu/sports/fball/index

It may be D3 but Chicago does have a football team. 

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, TGHusker said:

So IOV, do you get to many UCF games to watch Scott coach?  If so what are your general observation on his demeanor on the side lines, is in game adjustments, half time adjustments, play calling skills and his involvement wt players and coaches during the game??

Basically, he's the opposite of Riley.  Do you need any more details than that?

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A little late but I find it hard to argue with him. If UCF keeps rolling, everyone is going to want him. We'll have the upper hand but the question is if we'll take advantage. Bill Moos alluded to Oregon and Chip Kelly on the radio on USC 1620. Pretty sure he's alluding to it's Kelly or Frost. I think that Walden guy was pretty spot on. From what I've heard, Frost or Chip Kelly are on the shortlist.

• Plus1 4
10 minutes ago, FTW said:

He wins games that's the difference, right? 

He's intense, he's engaged with players and coaches, he manages the clock well, he's energetic, he's hands on with both offense and defense, he's an incredible motivator -- opposite of Riley in pretty much every way.

• Plus1 1

Yeah, my physical therapist said he played golf with a friend who is good friends with one of the coaches in the athletic department who told him that Riley will be here another year. Anyone else want to share depressing news?  The facts remain the same: Scitt Frost is the head coach at UCF (BTW a move to Evanston would be a step down. Why be a Co-head coach when you can be THE head coach at a school that will offer you 4 million or more? Frankly, I find that to be ridiculous.  (The premise-not you Landlord. You are a hoot! I enjoy your videos.). Mike Riley is the head coach at Nebraska. (HUGE SIGH!). When the last regular season game is over for both teams then

we will know if there will be any changes here. Until then it's all speculation and rumor.  

3 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Yeah, my physical therapist said he played golf with a friend who is good friends with one of the coaches in the athletic department who told him that Riley will be here another year. Anyone else want to share depressing news?  The facts remain the same: Scitt Frost is the head coach at UCF (BTW a move to Evanston would be a step down. Why be a Co-head coach when you can be THE head coach at a school that will offer you 4 million or more? Frankly, I find that to be ridiculous.  (The premise-not you Landlord. You are a hoot! I enjoy your videos.). Mike Riley is the head coach at Nebraska. (HUGE SIGH!). When the last regular season game is over for both teams then

we will know if there will be any changes here. Until then it's all speculation and rumor.  

The AD gave a timeline. We will know before Iowa. 

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

If this season ends like it looks like it might, I don't know how you sell keeping Riley to recruits or fans.... The program is poisoned right now. If you bring him back you risk a talent deficit in the next couple classes, and you risk the last sacred tradition we have.... The sellout streak. I just don't know how you bring him back at this point.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Florida fans are trying to push out a coach that won the SEC East the last two seasons. They are so naive that they thing a simple coaching change will magically make their offense explosive like Oklahoma State. Morons. I think that job doesn't open up unless their AD is dumb enough to go down that path and eroding their program even more with another bad hire. Florida fans are assume Scott Frost is theirs. 

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

• Plus1 6