** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

"Im pretty sure we have.  TO is the "secret" in the secret sauce that will get Frost here.  If Frost wants to come...." 

what?!! Haha ... if Frost "wants to come", then TO shouldn't be needed. And if TO is needed and is the secret sauce to luckily landing him, then that would mean Frost isn't as interested as everyone on here would like to think he is. This FROST BEING NEBRASKA's SAVING GRACE is causing people to say some crazy ridiculous stuff that doesn't make sense what so ever. 

Not saying he is the saving grace.  I, like most fans, want what's best for NU.  Period.  End of discussion.  In 2015 I thought Riley was wrong and even more so now....

Frost, IMO, checks the block.  You are correct that Frost will go where he wants.  TO is a conduit to Frost that no other university has.  Frost has said repeatedly how much he respects TO.  no doubt, if he is offered the job, Frost and TO will communicate.  Might be at the request of NU or Frost simply calling a trusted friend and getting advice.

If t comes down to UT, UF or whom ever, TO could possibly be the deciding factor.  Of course his honest opinion might also have Frost look elsewhere.... 

Edited by lo country
  • Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

This is what some alcoholics would call a "moment of clarity". 

People need to chill the F out. If it happens, it'll happen. 

Exactly! And if it isn't Frost and some other name that comes in, whoever that is will already be "behind the 8 ball" and have one helluva hill to climb in some folks eyes, because Frost was tagged by them as the saving grace of this program before the job has even opened. I like Frost, I hope like hell it works out and he's the #1 candidate if/when the job opens, but if he's not we need to see who is mentioned with the job as well as Frost to see where we stand. And WE ALL NEED that coach to be the right hire and a good coach to get this program back on track. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

It is something a fan would hope for, but not very realistic in the business world. 

I don't disagree.

I think there are already back channel behind the scenes things going on anyway.  An adult modern version of check yes if you think Scott is cute.  Put an x in the box if you could see yourself working for the Moos.  

Nothing ifficial that that would make either side look bad.

Edited by gobiggergoredder

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

While many, if not most, were focused on Pelini's antics, I was shaking my head at what I believed was happening behind the scenes from the chancellor of all people.

Say, how is Bo doing over there at Youngstown State with a totally supportive administration behind him for a change? 

Think I'll just wander over to Google and see how they did yesterday......

Oh dear. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Just read the big Sunday OWH story on Frost. I had no idea he was so hated by some and what he went through.

Scott’s our new coach. No doubt now.

I was only nine when he transferred to NU, but I remember quite clearly that my dad hated his guts and thought he was all about himself. 

“Listen to his interviews! It’s all ‘I this...’ and ‘I that...’”

So, I did. I didn’t hear that at all. Now, the fact that I didn’t like my dad certainly plays into it, but Frost was my favorite player from the first time he took a snap. I even chose my favorite NFL team because they drafted him, then changed it again when he went elsewhere as a free agent.

But, man, some of those fans were just brutal. Even now, I respect someone who makes the hard decision to try to better himself (because I always take the easy way out); especially if that means going to Stanford.

I respect someone even more if they recognize that the hard choice didn’t work out, and they correct their mistake.

Oh, btw. My dad talks quite fondly of Scott Frost now.

4ADA32D6-0EE6-4CE0-99B2-1653EBD415DE.gif

Edited by Edison's Enemy

Without sounding too much like a homer I wouldn't worry too much about Florida scooping up Frost.  The current UF AD is the former Mississippi St AD so the logical (or lazy) conclusion would be that UF will take a swing at Dan Mullen.  Mullen was the OC under Urban Meyer at Florida so there's a reasonable parallel there.  I think Petrino ends up leaving UL (especially if Lamar Jackson goes pro) so you figure UF and/or UT will kick the tires.  That doesn't take into account Chip Kelly and Mike Norvell.  UF tried G5 HC approach with McElwain and it didn't work out, it wouldn't surprise me if they went with someone more established.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Win the SEC East 2 years in a row and then get run out of town, while being asked to take significantly less on your buyout... sign me up for that. 

Quite a contrast to all of our hand-wringing over firing bad coaches.  Florida has lost their mind.  Doesn't seem to be a very Nebraska way of running a program and I imagine Frost (and possibly other coaches) will take notice.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Quite a contrast to all of our hand-wringing over firing bad coaches.  Florida has lost their mind.  Doesn't seem to be a very Nebraska way of running a program and I imagine Frost (and possibly other coaches) will take notice.

Well the Florida folks have a different take on this (obviously).  According to them JM was brought in to improve the offense as much as the rest of the team and his offenses have been godawful (averaging 105/130) in the NCAA.  On top of that he has not gotten on well with the AD and boosters. Yes they backed into some division titles but he days of that happening with Kirby now at Georgia is over.

So as a hypothetical what if...

lets say Tennessee, Florida, UCLA, and Texas A&M all approach Scott Frost as their #1 choice for their next Head Coach. 

Lets say one of those schools offers him over 5 million but wants him to agree to the job secretly before end of season. Let's say Nebraska waits to fire Riley because our AD is assessing the situation and wants to give it some time. 

If Frost is gone and we don't get a shot at him... what's plan B? 

If Frost was not an option, then would the fans be more open to giving Riley another season? Or would they still say fire him and go for another coach. IF we take Frost off the table who do we hire who has multiple seasons of proven winning with low talent, good culture, quick turn around, power 5 experience, is a Nebraska fit, and a big name with recruiting clout? Can you think of someone who fits all that? 

Or do you keep Riley and go on this big PR stunt that his job is safe and his coaching is not the problem, talent is... so that we can try to put a good recruiting class together? 

Edited by girlknowsfootball