** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

46 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I know nothing about betting, etc. but as I read this I'm wondering if it is similar to when you go to an auction where some folks bid higher just to get the interest in the piece to increase so folks will bid even higher?  Just curious. 

It’s a prop bet, same reason Northwestern started as a 1.5 favorite and now are 1.5 point dogs, the money sways the line.

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Appreciate the well thought out answer. I guess my point was since TO we've hired 2 Coordinators, a guy with zero college experience and a guy that in 20 years never won his conf. And now we're thumbing our nose at a guy who has won his conf, won BCS bowls and played in national titles? Young up and comer with a high ceiling = SF. Been at the top of the mountain = CK. Honestly I don't think we could go wrong with either. 

something in my gut says Kelly would not be a great fit here......Frost is a winner, a momentum guy, he would find a way to win football games.......he would be an awesome recruiter, he learned from the best.........OZ.

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

All it takes is NU to come out and say they're firing Riley or he's retiring and that money starts swinging the other way. 

Exactly, and I wouldn't think boosters would think twice about "donating" to get Frost the money. The thing with Frost though, he isn't selfish... by that, I mean he is going to make sure his staff is also going to make what he thinks they are worth. NU will be footing out a bill for Frost and his assistants if they want him to come. I mean really, they have it, even without the boosters. 

Edited by HuskerNationNick
12 minutes ago, HuskerNationNick said:

Exactly, and I wouldn't think boosters would think twice about "donating" to get Frost the money. The thing with Frost though, he isn't selfish... by that, I mean he is going to make sure his staff is also going to make what he thinks they are worth. NU will be footing out a bill for Frost and his assistants if they want him to come. I mean really, they have it, even without the boosters. 

They have always had it, they have always been CHEAP. Trying to get a bargain because TO never got paid anywhere close to the top tier of coaches. Trying to win without spending.

There is WAY more now that there is a full BIG share. 25 million more than last year, and 51 million total per year. 

Edited by runningblind
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Appreciate the well thought out answer. I guess my point was since TO we've hired 2 Coordinators, a guy with zero college experience and a guy that in 20 years never won his conf. And now we're thumbing our nose at a guy who has won his conf, won BCS bowls and played in national titles? Young up and comer with a high ceiling = SF. Been at the top of the mountain = CK. Honestly I don't think we could go wrong with either. 

I'm thinking that Kelly wouldnt want this to be a marriage, but more like a fling.  Come here, re-establish his creds and parley that into a "better" gig. I think Frost would be here until he retired or was fired. Frost brings the benefit of being the "it" guy right now.  He's the coach the media and sports guys are talking about.  I'm sure even some of our recruits have checked out UCF games and googled 'Scott Frost Nebraska Cornhusker" and watched him laying the wood as a QB....

Truly unsure if his results would be night and day year one, but he would be the "splash" hire the gets national attention, immediately boosts recruiting , energizes (unifies) the fan base and makes us the talk of the town going into 2018........

Truly, unsure who would make a better coach of names listed, but no doubt Frost makes the best story.  And right now, NU needs a Fairy Tale ending...

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, HuskerMan said:

Alright.  Who is the one selling "Frost 18 Make Nebraska Great Again" t shirts on the Facebook marketplace?

Exactly why we have troubles getting recruits to come to this University and state. Please don't live up to the "Hicks and Cornfields is all Nebraska has to offer" stereotype. 

9 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Yeah let's use a slogan that is similar to the idiotic Trump campaign and his joke of a presidency revolving around racism etc. I am sure that will really bring us in some top notch recruits from high populated areas around the nation. You're a genius (sarcasm) . 

Tell us how you really feel about the President of the United States... The slogan was a joke, settle down.

• Plus1 4
Just now, Bad2theBONES said:

I will. Smart young adults (recruits) know exactly what that slogan has stood for and spreading that stupid slogan and trying to merge it with our football team and university to try and promote the progression of our team is an asinine. And joking or not, people read this stuff and not too smart for even mentioning it. Dude thinks he has the capability of knowing who the next head coach should be, but wants to make a dumb comment like that.... smh

It's some guy on Facebook marketplace, it's not like the slogan/tshirt is being endorsed by the university.