** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Florida is unofficially communicating with potential candidates about possibly retaining particular staff members for recruiting reasons, including defensive coordinator and current interim head coach Randy Shannon.

Also notes Mullen to a Tennessee.

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Also notes Mullen to a Tennessee.

Highly doubt that writer has an inside scoop on the coaching searches.

Taggart was rumored to have been contacted by Florida by their insiders that post on message boards. It would be a natural fit. Norvell s another to have been contacted. If new names for Florida start popping up in two weeks it means people are saying no thanks to them.

Would Taggart win big at Florida? Doubt it. But it is a hire I can see them making.

10 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Highly doubt that writer has an inside scoop on the coaching searches.

Taggart was rumored to have been contacted by Florida by their insiders that post on message boards. It would be a natural fit. Norvell s another to have been contacted. If new names for Florida start popping up in two weeks it means people are saying no thanks to them.

Would Taggart win big at Florida? Doubt it. But it is a hire I can see them making.

Lol. Godfrey is tight with the Taggart, so he would know these things.

Edited by Red Five

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think firing McElwain mid-season the way they did, may have cost Florida a chance at hiring Frost and probably some other coaches as well.

Doubt it matters too much.  Sure he was fired because they couldn’t move the ball, but he also publically lied about death threats.

They fired Zook mid season and ended up with Urban years ago.

IMO it doesn't matter if Florida has Frost as their favorite or any head coach as their favorite. It all comes down to what Frost wants and what he feels is best for him. If Florida is that place than so be it.

Earlier in this thread, I referenced a very connected Nebraska person who told me Frost wants this job and I 100% believe him. That same person also said Frost is not interested in Florida. Now, that doesn't mean Florida couldn't make a great pitch and convince him. 

The wait is what sucks. I'd rather know regardless of the answer.

• Plus1 5