** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 years will settle down the masses. If Frost does become the head coach we need to think long-term investment and let him rebuild the program into his vision. The biggest challenge he will have for his system is getting enough speed to make it lethal against the likes of WI. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think firing McElwain mid-season the way they did, may have cost Florida a chance at hiring Frost and probably some other coaches as well.

I'm not impressed by needy teams who pull cheap stunts for short term gain. Florida seems to operate that way a lot.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Instead of paying to finance Riley’s retirement. Can we at least keep him on the sideline chewing gum and distributing water and Gatorade to the actual coaches? This way he can at least earn some of his money. AKA Most Highly Paid Water Boy.

I asked the same thing on another thread (or maybe this one).  Why do we have to fire him?  Can't we make him earn his money by shaking hands, chewing gum, yelling hip hip hurray now and then and kissing babies?  I'm guessing his contract specifies his duties specifically as head football coach.  But I'd be all for having him in a non-coaching, non-contact with the players role rather than paying him to run back to Oregon.  Businesses do that all the time to encourage people to "quit".  Change job duties to the point it becomes unbearable.  Not so much in favor of doing this as I am curious about it.

Just now, huskerfan69 said:

even if florida decides to go with a different coach, you can be sure that frost's agent is going to tell moos that frost has multiple 5+ mil offers. it may take 7 mil to get him to come here.

I want him here as bad as any fan, but his resume isn't anywhere near good enough to demand $7 mill.... $5 mill would be pushing it imo, but if that's what it takes.....

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I want him here as bad as any fan, but his resume isn't anywhere near good enough to demand $7 mill.... $5 mill would be pushing it imo, but if that's what it takes.....

true, but he's going to have several big time schools that want him. including his alma matter. that's why the money will be so high.

And where is it stated he has to take the highest offer?   I would not offer Urban Meyer or Saban ten years.  Some of you are going to curl up and die if he stays at UCF.  

In honesty last nights UCF game was not that impressive.  Not worth 7 million a year or a ten year deal.  

And this having a baby deal is way over hyped.   
There are young men all over the world facing grave danger that have wives having babies.  It does show his priorities though.  His immediate family will have a strong word in what happens.