** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Is there a point, salary wise, where Moos wouldn't be criticized by the fan base for not hiring Frost because it was too expensive?

Rule #1: Cardio

Rule #2: The Double Tap

Rule #3: Beware of Bathrooms

Rule #4: We must have at least one thing to complain about at all times

Edited by runningblind
  • Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

If Frost isn't getting paid 5 million a year or more it's because he wants his staff to get taken care of. If he is hired, we all need to have some patience. This revolving door of coaches is getting old and isn't working. Frost is a good coach it seems so we need to give him plenty of time to get the ball rolling here and be patient. 

I am most nervous about attracting a big name based on what has occurred over the last three or even four coaches. Namely, the last two since it is the most recent. 

I really hope the administration can show they are in with a good contract and the we as fans will be patient. Imagine what happens and what will be said IF Frost comes and the fans run him out of town if after 3 years things are not going well. Death blow for sure!

I want to believe we will all be patient with new coach, no matter who it is. Making another change will set the university back again, but the difference is how quick the new staff can recover from the transition and bring the Huskers back into the conversation again?

Elite coaches pay for themselves. Between tv money, the money you're paid for winning major bowl games plus the increase in revenue that would come from success and exposure like hats, shirts, increased donations from boosters and increased ticket prices. If frost has Nebraska going 10-2 or better and playing for conference titles and rose bowls you almost can't over pay.

48 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Is there a point, salary wise, where Moos wouldn't be criticized by the fan base for not hiring Frost because it was too expensive?

Probably a moot point, since we'll most likely never hear about the negotiations.

Make it an incentive base. Guarantee the first five years (long term).  This allows by year 5 to have even his RS kids as seniors.  He wins the division/conference/BCS bowl etc it opens up longer contract by default.  

Bottom line, he might not even be leaving UCF......I hope he is.  It'd be an easier transition.  Fan fave, knows the culture and has a definable system and expectations.  

Does anyone else remember when Callahan come here and Bo was fired as DC.  Then when Callahan was fired fans were screaming from the stands at the bowl game I think,  WE WANT BO! WE WANT BO! How happy everyone was. How soon things changed.   I hope if Scott's team slips in the first few years we won't be calling for his head after all the energy we've spent to get him here! (And I want him here just as bad s everyone else!)

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Does anyone else remember when Callahan come here and Bo was fired as DC.  Then when Callahan was fired fans were screaming from the stands at the bowl game I think,  WE WANT BO! WE WANT BO! How happy everyone was. How soon things changed.   I hope if Scott's team slips in the first few years we won't be calling for his head after all the energy we've spent to get him here! (And I want him here just as bad s everyone else!)

If he doesn't flip out at press conferences or have any unseemly audio leaks he'll be fine. Bo could still be here if he didn't say we'd be kissing his happy ass out the door. A lot of Bo's loss of support was off the field stuff.

Bo set the floor for on the field performance. (Minus the meltdowns and assaulting refs)

Riley set a good example for off the field demeanor, fan and press interactions.

Edited by Sparker
  • Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Sparker said:

If he doesn't flip out at press conferences or have any unseemly audio leaks he'll be fine. Bo could still be here if he didn't say we'd be kissing his happy ass out the door. A lot of Bo's loss of support was off the field stuff.

Bo set the floor for on the field performance.

Riley set a good example for off the field demeanor, fan and press interactions.

It's true.  I thought Bo was going to be a great fit here but I think he just got ino Ver his head and the stress of the job as well as being under the fan microscope just got too much for him.

Does Mike Riley actually do any coaching or is 'head coach' a figurehead kind of thing? I don't see him with a headset or clipboard. If I didn't know his position I would wonder what he was doing on the sidelines.

(By the way Sparker you cracked me up with the 'moos' point pun! Good show!)

• Plus1 1