** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

It's true.  I thought Bo was going to be a great fit here but I think he just got ino Ver his head and the stress of the job as well as being under the fan microscope just got too much for him.

Does Mike Riley actually do any coaching or is 'head coach' a figurehead kind of thing? I don't see him with a headset or clipboard. If I didn't know his position I would wonder what he was doing on the sidelines.

(By the way Sparker you cracked me up with the 'moos' point pun! Good show!)

He wears a headset every game....

Hoke is the only coach I remember not wearing one... 

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

39 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Then when Callahan was fired fans were screaming from the stands at the bowl game I think,  WE WANT BO! WE WANT BO!

You're thinking of the bowl game after Solich was fired, when Bo was the interim HC. There was no bowl game Callahan's last season, and his last game was at Colorado, not Memorial Stadium.

Edited by Toe
  • Plus1 2
Spoiler

I like Frost as a hire.  I find the hype over UCF laughable.  They play nobody that tough.  Several teams in top 20 that would destroy UCF.  Frost knows that UCF will never play with the big boys. Just going to come down to what he wants do.  Has a very young wife so I'm sure his concern for her and a new baby will also be a big part of the process.   I wouldn't expect the Defense to improve that much.

Chad Morris is a great coach and he knows how to beat that up tempo offense and almost did it.

UCF defensive line smoked and tired.  Kept the UCF offense off the  field most of the second half. Good coaches know how to adjust and beat that offense.

I'll say it again until Nebraska focuses on controlling the line of scrimmage  on both sides of the ball, no coach will  bring back championship play until that is fixed.

• Plus1 1

On 10/30/2017 at 8:27 PM, jsneb83 said:

Kelly isn't currently coaching, so you can hire him and he can start right away, at least recruiting.

Do a little research on Kelly you might change your mind.  The NE personality not a good fit in Nebraska.  No secret about his relations with the media.  Also lots of info about relations with players.

If he would've been smart at Oregon and actually hired a Defensive Coordinator and stopped going for 2 points after every TD perhaps they would've won a National Title.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Kept the UCF offense off the  field most of the second half. Good coaches know how to adjust and beat that offense.

They still gave up 615 yards, 203 of that rushing, and as much deserved praise as I gave SMU earlier, UCF did a lot of self damage with turnovers. Drives of 75, 73, and 69 yards in the second half.

Excuse me, but that's not exactly what I'd consider shutting down an offense. That's two games worth for some BIG TEN teams. This is what UCF refers to as a bad week.

As to UCFs defense, that's a bit of a concern. As I always say, defense is where recruiting really shows, and they don't exactly have prototype guys on that side of the ball. But they're playing some pretty damn good offenses and at least holding their own.

I'm sorry, I agree lots of offense in that conference.   I've watched several of the games.  Just not up to the level of play in most power 5 

programs.

Show me a big win over a big school and I'll be impressed.  Cincy, SMU, Austin Peay, Navy, Maryland, etc etc.........Not exactly power house programs.

18 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I'm sorry, I agree lots of offense in that conference.   I've watched several of the games.  Just not up to the level of play in most power 5 

programs.

Show me a big win over a big school and I'll be impressed.  Cincy, SMU, Austin Peay, Navy, Maryland, etc etc.........Not exactly power house programs.

it's not just about what ucf is doing. you have to also factor in what frost did at oregon. he's been successful wherever he's been coaching.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Do a little research on Kelly you might change your mind.  The NE personality not a good fit in Nebraska.  No secret about his relations with the media.  Also lots of info about relations with players.

If he would've been smart at Oregon and actually hired a Defensive Coordinator and stopped going for 2 points after every TD perhaps they would've won a National Title.

Was talking about Florida hiring a coach mid season. Kelly could start right away there since he currently isn't coaching

30 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

You can only play whose on your schedule, it's what it is. Maryland can't keep a QB healthy, Georgia Tech got wiped in the hurricane, Memphis is pretty good, though. The same could be said of Wisconsin, their schedule is really weak. If only a big time program qualifies for you, not much anybody can do about that in regards to some of these teams.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, NWHuskerfan said:

programs.

Honestly we would lose to all of those.  Maybe not Maryland now that Bortenschlager is their QB.

8 hours ago, Toe said:

You're thinking of the bowl game after Solich was fired, when Bo was the interim HC. There was no bowl game Callahan's last season, and his last game was at Colorado, not Memorial Stadium.

Thanks Toe. I just remember the chanting but could not remember when it happened. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Gary Sharp‏ 
@GarySharp1620
Follow Follow @GarySharp1620
More
Replying to @balkdog81
people that cover UF feel pretty confident that Stricklin has been able to close in on Frost. Not done deal, but close according to them.

And Mike'l Severe says zero percent chance Scott Frost takes the Florida job. 

I'm not surprised Benning and Gary are pushing a Scott Frost to UF narrative since they have been pushing a "he may not come" crap since the start. 

Gary is using media people as his source and you know how wrong media people tend to be.