** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

Gary also spent a lot of time in the sports scene in Florida before coming back to Omaha. He might have a bit of insight. Of course everything, including what you say, is all speculation and anyone can probably find a narrative that fits what they hope will happen.

But media people are wrong often. Like Nate Clouse for Nebraska recruiting. Sean Callahan and the AD search. We could talk for hours about ESPN and what they have been wrong on even with them putting stuff on TV as a done deal (Remember Les Miles to MI). 

Media people will always feel confident if they want something badly. 

Someone is completely wrong when two Nebraska media people are saying the opposite things - one has the correct info and the other doesn't. 

13 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

But media people are wrong often. Like Nate Clouse for Nebraska recruiting. Sean Callahan and the AD search. We could talk for hours about ESPN and what they have been wrong on even with them putting stuff on TV as a done deal (Remember Les Miles to MI). 

Media people will always feel confident if they want something badly. 

Someone is completely wrong when two Nebraska media people are saying the opposite things - one has the correct info and the other doesn't. 

What? No links to crappy twitter sites? How will you make any $$ this way?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Media people say Frost to UF: Media is fake news and wrong more often then they are right

Media people say Frost to NU: The media really knows what they are talking about and are connected with their sources

This is why I have stayed out of the conversation. There will be a new coach, but who knows who it will be.  Everyone has a source.  Only source that matters is Moos, Green and Bounds.

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Media people say Frost to UF: Media is fake news and wrong more often then they are right

Media people say Frost to NU: The media really knows what they are talking about and are connected with their sources

Media people are wrong more than they are right regardless of which way they lean/state on a topic. 

Can't remember what "media" outlet stated this yesterday (but not "big time" outlet) made predictions of Frost to Florida and Leach to Nebraska.  Just sharing this to point out that every different media outlet has their own sources and opinions and we don't know who has the most accurate.

There is also a lot of mis-information put out by media and agents. Media does it to discredit competitors and agents do it to bolster their clients. Prime example of a similar situation was Les Miles to Michigan. The facts which have came out after all reveal that was never even close to happening but mis-information was being put out by all parties as leverage. 

Edited by bugeater17
  • Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Media people are wrong more than they are right regardless of which way they lean/state on a topic. 

But your original quote states that Gary could be wrong and that Sharp and Bending have been pushing this narrative that Frost might not come here. 

You did not state that Severe could be wrong as well.

Sharp at least has connections he is referencing. Severe offered no references as far as I know.

3 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

But your original quote states that Gary could be wrong and that Sharp and Bending have been pushing this narrative that Frost might not come here. 

You did not state that Severe could be wrong as well.

Sharp at least has connections he is referencing. Severe offered no references as far as I know.

No, I am saying there are two Nebraska media people saying the opposite. Thus, one of them may have the right info while the other doesn't. It is that way with the media for pretty much any topic that can be discussed in the world. Just look at how wrong the media was about the last election and the polls. Severe has said he has talked to people and that is where he it is coming from for him. So people claim they have talked to people and have opposite info they are sharing. 

Edited by jessica0
7 minutes ago, HANC said:

Can't remember what "media" outlet stated this yesterday (but not "big time" outlet) made predictions of Frost to Florida and Leach to Nebraska.  Just sharing this to point out that every different media outlet has their own sources and opinions and we don't know who has the most accurate.

Clay Travis. And Leach has already said no to that whole "going to Nebraska stuff." 

8 hours ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Show me a big win over a big school and I'll be impressed.  Cincy, SMU, Austin Peay, Navy, Maryland, etc etc.........Not exactly power house programs.

I agree with some of what you're saying but, in Frost's defense (and in the defense of any successful non-Power 5 coach), it's unfair to criticize them for a lack of wins over big programs when they don't play in Power 5 conferences. That stuff only matter when it comes to determining playoff and bowl seeding.

So, you have to look at it from a couple of different angles. I think you can say Frost has done a nice job against comparable competition. Right now, he's just doing what he's been hired to do and that's win games in his conference.

That said, I agree with Guy's sentiment and a few others: any hire is risky. We've seen coaches have a lot of success at lower tier conferences, move up to Power 5 and then struggle. It happens.

• Plus1 2

As much as I WANT the Frost to UF stuff to be wrong- I just don't see how it could be at this point. There's absolutely no denying that he is their #1 target at this point and it is probably going to just be a matter of time. I really really hope for Moos' sake he gets a chance to at least pitch to Frost with this job publicly open or the backlash will be enormous regarding not firing Riley mid-season

• Plus1 1