** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

As much as I WANT the Frost to UF stuff to be wrong- I just don't see how it could be at this point. There's absolutely no denying that he is their #1 target at this point and it is probably going to just be a matter of time. I really really hope for Moos' sake he gets a chance to at least pitch to Frost with this job publicly open or the backlash will be enormous regarding not firing Riley mid-season

Moos wouldn't get that chance regardless, more than likely. There was a quote from him the other day about the timeline of hiring a football coach these days and how if you go the search committee, multiple week route, all the good coaches will be gone.

I guarantee that if Moos is planning to fire Riley that he is already in his coaching search and will plan to make an announcement shortly after the season finale. The PR situation will be difficult if Riley is fired and they don't get Frost. Usually, AD's don't talk about all the candidates they interviewed or went after. That kind of stuff is only speculated about in the media after the fact. Frost would also have to handle this well, too, because I think there's a huge portion of the fan base that would unfairly ridicule him for choosing another university over NU.

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Yesterday Dooley at GatorChatter stated that Mike Norvell is their top target.

BTW...GatorChatter was the only Florida media that got the correct call for who they were going to hire the last time around. The other websites were pushing different names. 

Everyone knew they were going after McElwain.  Hell, their AD posted a picture of himself being in Ft Collins.

17 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

No, I am saying there are two Nebraska media people saying the opposite. Thus, one of them may have the right info while the other doesn't. It is that way with the media for pretty much any topic that can be discussed in the world. Just look at how wrong the media was about the last election and the polls. Severe has said he has talked to people and that is where he it is coming from for him. So people claim they have talked to people and have opposite info they are sharing. 

Anyone who says this doesn't understand simple statistics.  And the national polls were more accurate in 2016 than in 2012.

Also you don't talk to sources to see who the next President is going to be.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Anyone who says this doesn't understand simple statistics.  And the national polls were more accurate in 2016 than in 2012.

Also you don't talk to sources to see who the next President is going to be.

How did everyone get it so wrong

2016/11/how-did-everyone-get-2016-wrong-presidential-election-

58 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Yesterday Dooley at GatorChatter stated that Mike Norvell is their top target.

BTW...GatorChatter was the only Florida media that got the correct call for who they were going to hire the last time around. The other websites were pushing different names. 

I’ve read Norvell or Mullen are top choices along with Scott.  

From footballscoop

UCF: Athletic director Danny White, when asked about the likelihood that Scott Frost would be leading the Knights program next season, told Mike Bianchi on the Open Mike radio show that “I think he will. I think he’s very committed to being here…I’m excited about the future of our program with Scott Frost at the helm.” White then explained that fans and supporters of the program have to do their part, adding “We have to show that we can support and resource the program as fast as Coach Frost is growing it on the field.”

Yes. This is nothing surprising as what else would you expect an AD say. He isn’t gonna say we have no chance of keeping him 

• Plus1 1