** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Yes he quoted the ESPN radio guy. He described his profile exactly on tee. I know the second part is false since I looked at the Florida websites this morning. If there was anything breaking news it would be all over there with their insiders and/or media people. What did I find this morning when visiting their websties? Literally nothing new. 

Have you considered joining one of the UF message boards to get a pulse of the situation from their POV?  I would do that if I were you.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, brophog said:

You can only play whose on your schedule, it's what it is. Maryland can't keep a QB healthy, Georgia Tech got wiped in the hurricane, Memphis is pretty good, though. The same could be said of Wisconsin, their schedule is really weak. If only a big time program qualifies for you, not much anybody can do about that in regards to some of these teams.

Ya, Memphis is a top25 team and UCF actually wiped the floor with them. SMU would probably beat us and UCF took them at SMU at night. Navy is always a tough out. Maryland is nothing special but they are a P5 team and got their doors blown-off. For a G5 program they've played a solid schedule. You can't compare theirs to a P5 schedule when it's not like Scott is working with P5 players himself. 

29 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I went to the Sharp and Benning podcast a few minutes and listened to the part where Shart was talking about Frost and Florida. All he did was quote that guy from ESPN Radio from Saturday morning and flat out lied "and other media people are now saying the same thing this morning." I know the last part is false since I searched it a little while ago. 

SMH. 

I can't stop laughing

• Plus1 6

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

As much as I WANT the Frost to UF stuff to be wrong- I just don't see how it could be at this point. There's absolutely no denying that he is their #1 target at this point and it is probably going to just be a matter of time. I really really hope for Moos' sake he gets a chance to at least pitch to Frost with this job publicly open or the backlash will be enormous regarding not firing Riley mid-season

I disagree. Florida can't do anything more during the season than we can in terms of a sitting HC, Frost will not talk to ANYONE openly during the season. All they can do is go through back-channel communications and Riley holding down the fort for a couple more weeks doesn't stop us from doing that same dang thing. If Frost takes the Florida job it won't be because we let Riley finish the season. Moos is getting his pitch in, may not be in an on-the-books interview, but he'll get his run at Frost. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I disagree. Florida can't do anything more during the season than we can in terms of a sitting HC, Frost will not talk to ANYONE openly during the season. All they can do is go through back-channel communications and Riley holding down the fort for a couple more weeks doesn't stop us from doing that same dang thing. If Frost takes the Florida job it won't be because we let Riley finish the season. Moos is getting his pitch in, may not be in an on-the-books interview, but he'll get his run at Frost. 

I agree completely with what you are saying. Re-read what I wrote. Im not saying that we aren't communicating with Frost's people or that we haven't been in touch with our message to him because we currently have a head coach.

I just mean that a portion of the fan base will freak out if UF hires him right after the season whether its valid criticism or not. The optics would be bad for him, regardless of whether it truly has an impact or not on negotiations with Frost or any other candidate.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, jessica0 said:

But media people are wrong often. Like Nate Clouse for Nebraska recruiting. Sean Callahan and the AD search. We could talk for hours about ESPN and what they have been wrong on even with them putting stuff on TV as a done deal (Remember Les Miles to MI). 

Media people will always feel confident if they want something badly. 

Someone is completely wrong when two Nebraska media people are saying the opposite things - one has the correct info and the other doesn't. 

So the media is often wrong, but you are right and can be trusted?

• Plus1 2