** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Hunter94 said:

no way do you sell out to a hold out.......who's to say he won't change his mind next year?  no. no. no.......the devil would be in the details......it's now or never.

Yeah, you don't hold out for a year that would be ridiculous. Everyone has said Nebraska is Frost's dream job, as a business side of things and a personal side of things he has to realize this may be the only chance he gets to be the head coach at Nebraska. Even with how bad things are here, it isn't guaranteed in 5-6 years the opportunity would re-present itself. You may only get one shot at your dream job.

Just now, Hunter94 said:

no way do you sell out to a hold out.......who's to say he won't change his mind next year?  no. no. no.......the devil would be in the details......it's now or never.

Agreed - if Frost says no you move on. We are Nebraska. If we do the search right then we will be able to find a qualified and competent football mind to lead us back. It may take lots of $ but waiting around for Frost is like waiting around for a girl who says now may not be right to date but maybe in the future. We all know that means she isn't interested and is banging other dudes. Move on.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I have a solution if Frost says he wants to stay one more year at UCF.

You go to Frank Solich and ask him if he wants the Nebraska job for one season, then offer Solich a spot within the program if Frost doesn't want to retain him as some sort of assistant. This would be an offering to the curse, let's make it right.

It’s only 2:45 in the afternoon to start drinking....especially on a school day

• Plus1 2
Just now, bugeater17 said:

Agreed - if Frost says no you move on. We are Nebraska. If we do the search right then we will be able to find a qualified and competent football mind to lead us back. It may take lots of $ but waiting around for Frost is like waiting around for a girl who says now may not be right to date but maybe in the future. We all know that means she isn't interested and is banging other dudes. Move on.

Great analogy.  The fanbase right now are hardcore fangirls over Frost.  Not sure that's what he would want.

3 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Ha...man, I remember those days!  Pining over that "perfect girl" 

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

So, let's say for argument that Moos and Frost have had talks (or their people have), and Scott has said "Bill, I'd love to coach the Huskers, but I owe it to the people here to finish one more season to finish what we started.  After that, I'm all Nebraska, 100%."  Does Bill say, "Nope, sorry, now or never, thank you very much, we'll find someone else" ?

It would suck beyond belief for another year (maybe), but if that were the case, wouldn't most fans like that outcome in the long run?

I think that is putting to much hope into what SF will be able to do by SF and the AD. A while ago I wondered if SF might want to stay at UCF long term. He might but if he wants to make a jump to a P5 program and Nebraska is at the top of his list I don't see your scenario as possible. Riley will be fired at season end and Frost will not risk the job coming around again.

1 hour ago, Hunter94 said:

Ok I have no idea how these athletic departments operate.  I think Scott needs to make a wise decision because like some of us have said-what else does he have to finish at UCF?  Time to take that next and hopefully, final step. (To Nebraska!)

There is no better time to take the job at Nebraska.  The pay will not be bad and the fans are at the point where beating Sunbelt teams, MAC teams, and the B1G West doormats will be a relief.  Going 4-0 versus Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, and Minnesota would be the first time that's happened in years.   All it will take is playing fundamental football to rocket the team up to a solid second or third in the B1G West division, as compared to likely finishing 4th or 5th this year.  Basic fundamental football and improving play throughout the season in year one will make most people happy and probably give the coach those 6 wins.  Anything above that will be gravy.

Where oh where can we find a head coach willing to come in and attempt something as difficult as beating Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, and the Akron/Troy non-conference games in a single season?

2 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

So, let's say for argument that Moos and Frost have had talks (or their people have), and Scott has said "Bill, I'd love to coach the Huskers, but I owe it to the people here to finish one more season to finish what we started.  After that, I'm all Nebraska, 100%."  Does Bill say, "Nope, sorry, now or never, thank you very much, we'll find someone else" ?

It would suck beyond belief for another year (maybe), but if that were the case, wouldn't most fans like that outcome in the long run?

What if we wait one year, Frost tears it up, and Frost decides to stay or go to another school? Do we keep MR for another year? I would rather have my GreenAcres Junior High coach from 1976 - we went undefeated.

No more Mike! We do not like Mike!!!!!

Mike Riley seems like genuinely good man and is well respected around the country. With that being said, he is a lifetime .500 coach and his year 3 product is embarrassing to the core. 

One thing he has been able to do is get talent on campus and seriously interested in coming (we will see how the rest of this class shakes out). I think he will be offered the chance to step down at the end of this year so that he doesn't have to go through a firing. If he is done at the end of the year and Frost is brought in, what do you think about him being kept on in some kind of administrative recruiting position? Not involved with coaching, but helping find/recruit talent with his 64 geriatric smiling years of connections. 

My guess is he might be done coaching after this experiment, and it could be some ROI for the university since someone thought it was a good idea to sign an extension through 2020. It would help Frost to have success early if we can keep what talent we still have committed. 

Loyalty, a word it seems most on this site do not understand.  His loyalty might be to the kids he has recruited.  He may have told them, you give me your all, I will do the same.  We don't know the answer to that.  

Some seem to think you are only loyal if the money is enough.

I think we are dealing with a Coach very similar to Coach Osborne in ethics

We are just going to have to wait and see.  50 or 300 pages of hearing what he should do, might do, will do, could do, what some wished he would do is not going to make a bit of difference.  And listening to anyone that gets their information from the media or internet on the hush hush is not reliable

If we don't get him, it wasn't meant to be. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Loyalty, a word it seems most on this site do not understand.  His loyalty might be to the kids he has recruited.  He may have told them, you give me your all, I will do the same.  We don't know the answer to that.  

Some seem to think you are only loyal if the money is enough.

I think we are dealing with a Coach very similar to Coach Osborne in ethics

We are just going to have to wait and see.  50 or 300 pages of hearing what he should do, might do, will do, could do, what some wished he would do is not going to make a bit of difference.  And listening to anyone that gets their information from the media or internet on the hush hush is not reliable

If we don't get him, it wasn't meant to be. 

You literally say the same thing in every single post. Good gosh man, we know you dont think Frost will come here because he has the same ethics as Osborne. It doesnt mean you dont try to lure him here. We are fans. What are we suppose to say? "No dont offer him, its pointless. Hes loyal to UCF so just forget about it. In fact, dont offer anyone the job. They are all loyal to the school they are at and Nebraska is doomed to be a doormat forever because no coach will take the job" Man, this message board would be boring if that were the case. 

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 4