** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Florida insider is saying tonight that he is hearing that Tom Osborne will be offering the job to Scott Frost. I doubt that is an official offer where ink goes to paper, but could be a gentlemen agreement type of thing. 

L

O

L

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

Any source on this?

Not allowed to post links to pay sites. There is another post about it being Taggart and not Frost. Mullen still not being pursued by Florida. Nor Chip Kelly. 

As a side note, there is a person in the media today saying Frost to Nebraska and has Taggart to Florida

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-monday-after-the-big-ten-may-want-to-rethink-its-divisional-structure/

Florida -- Willie Taggart: I think Scott Frost is Florida's first choice, but I believe he's more interested in returning to his alma mater than coaching in Gainesville. So once Frost passes on the job, the Gators turn to Taggart, who returns to the state of Florida after one season at Oregon.

18 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Florida insider is saying tonight that he is hearing that Tom Osborne will be offering the job to Scott Frost. I doubt that is an official offer where ink goes to paper, but could be a gentlemen agreement type of thing. 

Could Coach Osborne do that even though he's not a member of the Athletic Department??

4 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Not allowed to post links to pay sites. There is another post about it being Taggart and not Frost. Mullen still not being pursued by Florida. Nor Chip Kelly. 

As a side note, there is a person in the media today saying Frost to Nebraska and has Taggart to Florida

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-monday-after-the-big-ten-may-want-to-rethink-its-divisional-structure/

Florida -- Willie Taggart: I think Scott Frost is Florida's first choice, but I believe he's more interested in returning to his alma mater than coaching in Gainesville. So once Frost passes on the job, the Gators turn to Taggart, who returns to the state of Florida after one season at Oregon.

Not trying to start anything with you, but what's posted is purely an opinion, not a report. Yes, I realize the link you were specifically posting about is a pay site.

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Riley is going to get every penny that he is owed.  He's not resigning.  There will be no 'negotiated buyout' or anything of the sort.  

To modify a line from Paulie in Goodfellas "Oh you don't want me to be the coach at Nebraska anymore?  %^# you pay me.  Having trouble coming up with the buyout money?  $%^& you pay me.  Need a couple extra bucks to hire you new head coach?  %^$$ you pay me."

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

By chance does "Florida insider" = a random poster on a Florida message board?

8 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

So tfree32 says it BEFORE me, (and I meant it more as joke than anything) and he gets a pass...

I get called out and threatened with banned for saying the same thing another poster does...

It's all right and perfectly fine as long as ANYONE else says something inappropriate, oh but if I do...  Honestly, getting REALLY tired of the double standards and selective rules enforcement that goes on around here.

First, a poster using vulgar language does not make it acceptable for another poster to use similar language.

Second, I had no idea tfree had posted that word, that you had posted something or what the word(s) meant. Both posts have been moved to offending posts.

Third, the mods are not omnipotent. Reporting posts is the only surefire way to have someone evaluate the content.

• Plus1 2