** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 hours ago, RedNebraskan said:

I don't think Scott Frost would say no to a Florida job of any kind for one reason:  He could have more time at home because he wouldn't have to travel so much for recruiting.  

Hawaii is the only school that has this kind of problem. Head coaches are on private planes and in first class. They aren't running around on a mule. 

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The biggest thing in Florida's favor is proximity to recruits.  Frost has a new wife and family, and he has said he doesn't want to be on the road recruiting all the time.  Frost can get all of his recruiting visits done in his car if he's at Florida.  That would be the main reason he would go there.  The money will be about the same at UF and NU.  Both schools are in winnable P5 divisions.  Both schools have high expectations.

Florida has historically found it easier to get high ranked recruiting classes as well... a big chunk of this is how close it is to all the Florida recruits, but part of it is the atmosphere of the Swamp, the relatively nice weather, etc.  If Frost goes to Florida expect him to get recruiting classes in the top 10 within a couple of years just like Urban Meyer was doing routinely.

5 hours ago, shyndy said:

If I were Frost, and I am not, I would stay at UCF over going to Florida especially since I haven’t been there long.  However if I were Frosts agent I would certainly use the Florida interest as a threat to negotiate a fatter contract to a supposed “dream job” offer.

UCF can't pay a fraction of what Florida can.  Florida can go $5-6Mil easily.  UCF will have a hard time finding $2Mil...

If Frost does''t come to Nebraska I hope he goes to Florida.  He will have a chance to live up to his potential there that he will never have at UCF.

21 minutes ago, neepster said:

UCF can't pay a fraction of what Florida can.  Florida can go $5-6Mil easily.  UCF will have a hard time finding $2Mil...

If Frost does''t come to Nebraska I hope he goes to Florida.  He will have a chance to live up to his potential there that he will never have at UCF.

I don't. Look at how poorly they treated the last two "HOT COACHES"

Muschamp was supposed to take over Texas after Mack Brown retired. Florida stole him away and he was supposed to be that years version of Frost.

And then J. MCelwaine, even Husker fans wanted him in 2014. Look at what Florida did to him.

In my opinion, Florida is way less stable than Nebraska in regards to Scott Frost. At least at Nebraska we would give him time solely because he is "one of us."

• Plus1 7

9 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

I don't. Look at how poorly they treated the last two "HOT COACHES"

Muschamp was supposed to take over Texas after Mack Brown retired. Florida stole him away and he was supposed to be that years version of Frost.

And then J. MCelwaine, even Husker fans wanted him in 2014. Look at what Florida did to him.

In my opinion, Florida is way less stable than Nebraska in regards to Scott Frost. At least at Nebraska we would give him time solely because he is "one of us."

I agree and this is why I think we should absolutely have the edge over Florida.  If Frost does not do well at Florida he will be out...there is no loyalty to him.  McElwain had 2 pretty good years getting to the SEC championship and they didn't even let him finish this year (can you imagine us running Frost out mid-season?...that would never happen).  At Nebraska, I think he automatically gets 7-8 years or double what he'd get at other high profile schools. We'd put up with less immediate success because we are building towards long term stability with a young coach we want to run the program for 20 years.  We can offer similar money to Florida with much more security/stability.  It's his home state and team.  We have to get this...I would be shocked if we did not get this done.  

• Plus1 4
11 hours ago, Landlord said:

But they all have had top 10 finishes, national championships, conference championships, and/or BCS/NY6 bowls within the last 10 years.

And in those 10 years, here are the overall records:

Texas: 75-49 ( 4 losing seasons + current )

Florida: 85-41( 1 losing season + current )

FL. State: 96-33 ( 0 losing seasons + current )

Neb.: 85-44 ( 1 losing season + current )

Here are the number of top 10 recruiting classes they have had in those 10 years:

Texas: 7

Florida: 6

FL. State: 6

Neb: 0

Texas hasn't won a conference championship since 2009, same year they played in the BCS championship and lost.

Florida hasn't won a conference championship since 2008, same year they won the BCS championship.

Florida State has won 3 conference titles ( 12, 13, and 14) and won the NC in 2013.

We all know about Nebraska, played in a couple CC games but lost.   

After looking at all of this,  we have been able to keep up ( record wise ) with these other teams despite not having any top 10 recruiting classes along with any other disadvantage we have.  

• Plus1 9
6 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

And in those 10 years, here are the overall records:

Texas: 75-49 ( 4 losing seasons + current )

Florida: 85-41( 1 losing season + current )

FL. State: 96-33 ( 0 losing seasons + current )

Neb.: 85-44 ( 1 losing season + current )

Here are the number of top 10 recruiting classes they have had in those 10 years:

Texas: 7

Florida: 6

FL. State: 6

Neb: 0

Texas hasn't won a conference championship since 2009, same year they played in the BCS championship and lost.

Florida hasn't won a conference championship since 2008, same year they won the BCS championship.

Florida State has won 3 conference titles ( 12, 13, and 14) and won the NC in 2013.

We all know about Nebraska, played in a couple CC games but lost.   

After looking at all of this,  we have been able to keep up ( record wise ) with these other teams despite not having any top 10 recruiting classes along with any other disadvantage we have.  

Florida State is an outlier in here. They have been pretty elite, especially in the last few years, but injuries have marred them this year.