** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

24 minutes ago, Sparker said:

Go to Carriker Chronicles, it is the most recent one. It's hard to know what the rules are these days on links.

Board members can share links to online news articles, videos, galleries, etc. All we ask is people don't copy and paste the content directly from the provider's site.

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Anyone listen to the Carriker interview with Moos yet??

Adam seems like a nice guy but is raw on camera and that is a good thing here. He is super direct in his questioning. Moos knows a little too much about Frost for someone who he's never met. Doubt he knows the same info about Geoff Collins or Mike Norvell. I personally wasn't convinced Frost would be here after the season, but it looks like that if you listen to the interview. 

I have no clue if Moos will hire the next great coach at Nebraska.  But, I am a big fan of his after listening to a number of interviews. 

He GETS IT!!!!

He understands how to talk about the different sports in a way that draws people together.  He's done his homework.  He knows the history.  He can talk about the talent on the team without insulting the current players while also imparting that we need to recruit well/better.

Just listening to the guy gets me excited.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no clue if Moos will hire the next great coach at Nebraska.  But, I am a big fan of his after listening to a number of interviews. 

He GETS IT!!!!

He understands how to talk about the different sports in a way that draws people together.  He's done his homework.  He knows the history.  He can talk about the talent on the team without insulting the current players while also imparting that we need to recruit well/better.

Just listening to the guy gets me excited.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Eh, he had Nebraska back to its failsafe 9-4 season last year, and opened this season with a significant number of his own recruits, including a quarterback who wowed really smart football folk at the big quarterback camps, and threw his own DC under the bus for an innovative new DC with a respected national profile. It wasn't crazy to expect improvement over the previous year, and I think fans would have shown patience if they saw the pieces coming together, even in losses. 

Riley probably lost his job against Northern Illinois, and definitely against Wisconsin. We can say we saw this potentially 4-8 season coming, but  I don't think that many people really did. 

If you want to congratulate yourself on this foresight, have at it.

It isn't just me!  My gosh...it was all of us!  No one heard about this hire and said "YES!  We got him!  We got Riley"  No one.  We all knew.  Riley lost his job about 10 years...just no one told him.  He was lucky that he was coaching at Oregon State.  I liken it to college baseball coaches back in the 80's and 90's...Those guys lived at one program forever without anyone knowing/caring what they did or how they did. 

I am not congratulating me...I am congratulating us.  In two weeks NU will have a coach that will make us excited again and will give us hope.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I'm so... scared

Jessie taking some drugs!

Also...considering she thought Showgirls was her big chance...it is ironic...Riley thought NU was his big chance.

Oh well...at least Showgirls gave me something to do...wink

Edited by teachercd
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Just to be clear, in two weeks we will know if a change is going to be made.

It will take a little longer than that to know who the next coach is.

Yeah, that is probably true.  It would be a bit awkward to bring in the new coach as Riley is cleaning out his office.