** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

This is actually surprising. UCF has a pretty good marketing department because I thought Orlando was really starting to pick up on this football thing, and add their message board interest in Scott Frost, I would have thought UCF games would be a rather popular ticket.

A tad surprising since they are undefeated in the middle of Nov. and they can't even surpass 30K fans for a home game. 

7 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Here is my Scott Frost Staff for 2018. 

HC- Scott Frost-

OC- Mark Helfrich- interesting turn of events, Scott trusts him and would not be a bad OC hire. If not Mark, I would go with Walters comes with him.

DC Eric Chinander- Great defensive mind who Scott trusts, this guy will make the Blackshirts play hard with Effort, no more excuses. 

Special Teams/Associate HC/LB Jovan Dewitt- really like this guy and would not be surprised if UCF tries to nab him as their next HC. 

Wr- Keith Williams- Walters gets HC at UCf or takes over as interim at least. Would not be surprised to see Ted Gilmore return as WR coach here if KW is not retained. 

OL- Greg Austin-Frost has high praise for him and loves his teaching style, if Frost is here Austin will return here too.

TE-  I'm going to go with a Nebraska guy here, but I don't know who. 

RB- Ryan Held- Nebraska guy who has his rb crew balling out.

QB- Mario Verduzco- Brings a wealth of experience to the QB position and can back it up with Milton playing well this year. 

DL- Mike Dawson (potentially Parella stays)- Coached at Oregon, Frost liked him to to bring him to UCF so he brings him to N as well. His D-Line plays tough, hard nosed football.

LB- Jovan Dewitt- same guy as above

DB- Donte Williams- might add recruiting coordinator to his name as well to bump his salary a bit. I think he and Chinander will work well together with their aggressive style. 

Thoughts?

Probably pretty close to what it will be. 

With TN getting their but kicked all around the place against Missouri, that job is going to likely open up now based on what that Knoxville media guy was saying last week (needed to make a bowl game). If they lose to LSU on Saturday it will be 6 losses in their last 7 games (ouch!!!). And that is for a guy that was already on the hot seat. 

I hope TN makes a good hire, but it isn't going to be Scott Frost. 

Going around the Florida forums and you can see mixed opinions about Chip Kelly going to Florida to be their coach. How in the world the majority of them are not excited as all get out shows you crazy that fanbase is. Chip Kelly was 46-7 at Oregon. There is no hire that a school is going to make this offseason that has a better resume. 

4 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Going around the Florida forums and you can see mixed opinions about Chip Kelly going to Florida to be their coach. How in the world the majority of them are not excited as all get out shows you crazy that fanbase is. Chip Kelly was 46-7 at Oregon. There is no hire that a school is going to make this offseason that has a better resume. 

Crazy if you don't want Chip Kelly.

Ah...No.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

He has plenty of issues.   Also, message boards are not the only way to gauge a fan base interest...

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

NCAA places Oregon football on three years of probation

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

HC- Scott Frost-

OC- Mark Helfrich- interesting turn of events, Scott trusts him and would not be a bad OC hire. If not Mark, I would go with Walters comes with him.

DC Eric Chinander- Great defensive mind who Scott trusts, this guy will make the Blackshirts play hard with Effort, no more excuses. 

Special Teams/Associate HC/LB Jovan Dewitt- really like this guy and would not be surprised if UCF tries to nab him as their next HC. 

Wr- Keith Williams- Walters gets HC at UCf or takes over as interim at least. Would not be surprised to see Ted Gilmore return as WR coach here if KW is not retained. 

OL- Greg Austin-Frost has high praise for him and loves his teaching style, if Frost is here Austin will return here too.

QB- Mario Verduzco- Brings a wealth of experience to the QB position and can back it up with Milton playing well this year. 

DL- Mike Dawson (potentially Parella stays)- Coached at Oregon, Frost liked him to to bring him to UCF so he brings him to N as well. His D-Line plays tough, hard nosed football.

DB- Donte Williams- might add recruiting coordinator to his name as well to bump his salary a bit. I think he and Chinander will work well together with their aggressive style. 

Thoughts?

I dont want D Williams around any more.  Nothing the DB's are doing is good enough.  And I dont want to hear about how great of a recuiter he is.  He cant teach DB's.

Helfrich is interesting.  Over all I like it.

Edited by gratefullred
  • Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

Chip took over a winning program and kept it winning.  Will he take a dumpster fire of a team and make winners?  Maybe.  But, he's not a fit here.  Sorry.  I guess i am one of the crazy ones.

Oregon wasnt lighting it on fire when he showed up in 07.  They started becoming good when he became the OC and took over as HC 2 years later.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I can totally understand why folks don’t want Chip Kelly. I don’t want him here for sure. Even though he was innocent he will continue to drag that baggage behind him. 

Why hasn’t he coached in recent memory?

Every time he is mentioned as a candidate at the college level these issues come up. 

Florida may take a chance on him. More power to him. If he takes that disaster of a team and starts to win then he will be s hero and the stench of the past will wear off.  

8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

HC- Scott Frost-

Thoughts?

By my count, that's 12 coaches but we can only hire 10.

And why do people think Frost's former boss will be a good fit as his OC? Reversing the power dynamic where Scott is now Helfrich's boss doesn't sound like a good plan.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

By my count, that's 12 coaches but we can only hire 10.

And why do people think Frost's former boss will be a good fit as his OC? Reversing the power dynamic where Scott is now Helfrich's boss doesn't sound like a good plan.

Because he wants to coach again.