** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Jeez first it was yesterday but didnt want to overlap with CFP rankings show. Then it was suppose to be today. Then 11 am tomorrow. Now Friday? Tomorrow it will be Saturday but then they will change their mind because of college football and not Sunday either because of NFL. Maybe Monday, but maybe not because of MNF. Nobody knows a thing over there, just like us over here. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Jeez first it was yesterday but didnt want to overlap with CFP rankings show. Then it was suppose to be today. Then 11 am tomorrow. Now Friday? Tomorrow it will be Saturday but then they will change their mind because of college football and not Sunday either because of NFL. Maybe Monday, but maybe not because of MNF. Nobody knows a thing over there, just like us over here. 

Yeah, they will say the dumbest things like that. I have no clue where that 11am stuff started from since no accredited media person provided a news release of it. 

Friday is the first time I have seen someone actually put it out in public like the link above. 

8 minutes ago, Herbie Husker said:

Have you heard anything about SF and the Vols?

Speaking of Frost and other openings, I honestly have not seen any chatter anywhere else besides Nebraska and Florida. It may turn out that the main competition for Scott Frost by the time this is all done will be just UCF, Nebraska and Florida. 

I see A&M trying to pry away Jimbo. I see Arkansas, if that opens, going after the native son in Norvell or the Auburn head coach. UCLA I have no clue. 

I think Chip going to Florida can only help Frost's decision to leave UCF.  It's going to be quite a bit tougher to recruit the state of Florida when the state school has your former boss, who will be running a similar offense with similar skill players.  I know UCF doesn't directly compete with Florida, but I do think this does poke a hole in Dirky's "build a national power" at UCF theory.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, nublackshirt00 said:

I think Chip going to Florida can only help Frost's decision to leave UCF.  It's going to be quite a bit tougher to recruit the state of Florida when the state school has your former boss, who will be running a similar offense with similar skill players.  I know UCF doesn't directly compete with Florida, but I do think this does poke a hole in Dirky's "build a national power" at UCF theory.

Good point. For the most part they would be recruiting the same local skill talent for basically the same schemes and same reasons to play at their respective school. Chip will win pretty much ever bigger recruiting battle in this scenario simply by being from the bigger school. 

If Frost does make it to Nebraska he will be the only coach in the Midwest taht will be running this style of offense. Thus, any good skill talent in the Midwest that is west of Ohio/Indiana will have something more local to play at instead of having to go all the way to Oregon in the old days when Chip and Frost where there or having to play at UCF or go all the way to Florida and Florida isn't likely to ever recruit Midwest skill talent anyways. 

What I would like to see is a bigger push into IL. The current staff must be allergic to IL. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Couldn't this be some random people getting off of an airplane? Am I supposed to recognize any of them? 

Pretty sure the second guy off the plane works for Chip Kelly's agent,at least it's what I read.  Source one of the 247 pages in the chip Kelly thread on gatorcountry.com or something, but I'm too lazy to look back and try to find it.

Edited by bisonwiches