** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

Maybe it's a defense mechanism on my part, but i wish we'd stop counting the chicken before it's even signed a contract yet.  All this -- "they'll be sorry"... gots to stop.   Usually people saying that end up the ones being sorry.  

I’m with you on this one.  I’ve held the opinion for awhile now that Frost stays at UCF.  I hope I’m wrong !!

They are going to be happy for him I think, but they are not going to be happy about it.  They have been sold on, giving everything you have, having each others back, staying the course, all the typical coach speak.  It appears they bought in.  It will be hard for them, and if Coach Frost does return home, some of it is going to hurt him.  I think he believes in these kids and wants the best for them.  He is said to be very much like Coach Osborne.  And I havea  pretty good idea of how Coach Osborne would feel in this situation.   He had a similar situation back in the day.  He chose to stay with Nebraska, then turned down Michigan State due to loyalty.  

Saying that I really have no idea what is going to happen.  Hope he comes to Nebraska, but would not be terribly surprised if he didn't.

Just now, MacNCheeze said:

Everytime i get a espn bulliten on my phone, i think it will be the announement. 

Relax.  We still have a coach and two games to be played.  Will be a minimum of a week before there is anything concrete.  Just rumors and alleged source leaks for the next 7-10 days.  Sigh.  I want someone to put me into a medically induced coma until it happens.  Whatever "it" is.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

I’m with you on this one.  I’ve held the opinion for awhile now that Frost stays at UCF.  I hope I’m wrong !!

I think considering the circumstances he will not stay at UCF. There are too many big time jobs that will be open this year and I don’t think he will risk taking a chance with UCF and not being able to land one of them down the road. I am obviously hopeful it will be a Nebraska.  Fuente had a lot of success at Memphis and landed at Virginia Tech, Herman had success at Houston and ended up at Texas.  Unfortunately for UCF, their ceiling is only so high.

Just another nugget to add to the rest of the speculation.

A friend of mine who is a part owner of a local tech startup recently worked with one of UNL's men's teams. They are trying to expand quickly and one of their recent negotiations has been with UCF due to a fellow co-owners connections there.

They were in talks with the UCF athletic department for services specifically for football operations until last week. The project has been put on hold because UCF is expecting a coaching staff change. One of his connections there revealed that they are aware that the Frosts are already looking for homes in Lincoln. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, o-line54 said:

I think considering the circumstances he will not stay at UCF. There are too many big time jobs that will be open this year and I don’t think he will risk taking a chance with UCF and not being able to land one of them down the road. I am obviously hopeful it will be a Nebraska.  Fuente had a lot of success at Memphis and landed at Virginia Tech, Herman had success at Houston and ended up at Texas.  Unfortunately for UCF, their ceiling is only so high.

There will always be big jobs open. Name the last year where there wasn't a big job open.

and in the coming years...

Bama(eventually he is gonna be done)

LSU (O ain't the answer)

Michigan (Harbaugh won't be in it for the long haul if he can't get them to the top.)

Edited by ScottyIce
5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

There will always be big jobs open. Name the last year where there wasn't a big job open.

There's going to be a bit of a dry period for big jobs. 

MI nope

OSU  nope

PSU nope

USCw nope

A&M will likely be this year

Texas nope

Alabama nope

Miami nope

Georgia nope

Nebraska will be this year

UCLA is an unknown

TN is this year

Florida is this year

FSU may open this year if Jimbo goes

Notre Dame nope

Oklahoma nope

WI nope

So after this year things are going to be dry for a while for big jobs. 

Edited by jessica0
1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

MI nope

OSU  nope

PSU nope

USCw nope

Texas nope

Alabama nope

Miami nope

Georgia nope

UCLA is an unknown

TN is this year

Florida is this year

Notre Dame nope

Oklahoma nope

WI nope

Auburn may be open this year if Gus goes to Arky. Auburn is a big job IMO

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

MI nope

OSU  nope

PSU nope

USCw nope

Texas nope

Alabama nope

Miami nope

Georgia nope

UCLA is an unknown

TN is this year

Florida is this year

Notre Dame nope

Oklahoma nope

WI nope

So after this year things are going to be dry for a while for big jobs. 

Also I didn't mention the prob of Helton being exposed at USC after his QB is gone. You have to remember.... everyone can't win....