** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, blessed2bahusker said:

Just another nugget to add to the rest of the speculation.

A friend of mine who is a part owner of a local tech startup recently worked with one of UNL's men's teams. They are trying to expand quickly and one of their recent negotiations has been with UCF due to a fellow co-owners connections there.

They were in talks with the UCF athletic department for services specifically for football operations until last week. The project has been put on hold because UCF is expecting a coaching staff change. One of his connections there revealed that they are aware that the Frosts are already looking for homes in Lincoln. 

And here we go.....cue the cable guy and the aquarium guy....

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, skersfan said:

They are going to be happy for him I think, but they are not going to be happy about it.  They have been sold on, giving everything you have, having each others back, staying the course, all the typical coach speak.  It appears they bought in.  It will be hard for them, and if Coach Frost does return home, some of it is going to hurt him.  I think he believes in these kids and wants the best for them.  He is said to be very much like Coach Osborne.  And I havea  pretty good idea of how Coach Osborne would feel in this situation.   He had a similar situation back in the day.  He chose to stay with Nebraska, then turned down Michigan State due to loyalty.  

Saying that I really have no idea what is going to happen.  Hope he comes to Nebraska, but would not be terribly surprised if he didn't.

Keep in mind Osborne was at a pinnacle program with offers to the likes of Colorado and Michigan state. It's not fair to compare sticking with Nebraska to sticking with a lower tier UCF

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

There will always be big jobs open. Name the last year where there wasn't a big job open.

and in the coming years...

Bama(eventually he is gonna be done)

LSU (O ain't the answer)

Michigan (Harbaugh won't be in it for the long haul if he can't get them to the top.)

You could definitely be right.  I just don’t think he will take the risk in my opinion.  History shows us that most coaches leave shortly after arriving at a non power 5 if they have success.  Time will tell.

Just now, o-line54 said:

You could definitely be right.  I just don’t think he will take the risk in my opinion.  History shows us that most coaches leave shortly after arriving at a non power 5 if they have success.  Time will tell.

Oh he's definitely leaving, but it won't be because he thinks a door to the P5 world is closing.

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Until Nebraska media outlets start recognizing it and running with it I will remain hesitant. But like you said it's interesting no one in Nebraska is talking about this.

This is a real possibility, and I thought of this as well.

Actually, I saw that announcement about Scott coming to Nebraska and how much he was going to make on the WOWT online sports page!  But when I went back to copy it, it was gone.

This what I do not understand. Our AD is meeting and negotiating with Frost. Everyone in this world and every other alien in outer space know that we are going after Frost. Heck, even the pets know that we are going after Frost. So why doesn’t our AD tell Riley that he is fired? At least by doing so, may be the team will play harder in the last two games knowing they need to impress the new coach. Keeping Riley at this point is simply a humiliation and not out of respect. 

36 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

There will always be big jobs open. Name the last year where there wasn't a big job open.

and in the coming years...

Bama(eventually he is gonna be done)

LSU (O ain't the answer)

Michigan (Harbaugh won't be in it for the long haul if he can't get them to the top.)

Orgeron has a $12-million buyout this year, $8.5 million next year

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

This what I do not understand. Our AD is meeting and negotiating with Frost. Everyone in this world and every other alien in outer space know that we are going after Frost. Heck, even the pets know that we are going after Frost. So why doesn’t our AD tell Riley that he is fired? At least by doing so, may be the team will play harder in the last two games knowing they need to impress the new coach. Keeping Riley at this point is simply a humiliation and not out of respect. 

He's not getting fired prior to seasons end, get over it. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

Do you not see how these two statements conflict with each other logically?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Do we know he hasn’t?

• Plus1 2