** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

37 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

This what I do not understand. Our AD is meeting and negotiating with Frost. Everyone in this world and every other alien in outer space know that we are going after Frost. Heck, even the pets know that we are going after Frost. So why doesn’t our AD tell Riley that he is fired? At least by doing so, may be the team will play harder in the last two games knowing they need to impress the new coach. Keeping Riley at this point is simply a humiliation and not out of respect. 

When has that ever been done or worked? Florida has been getting roasted every week since letting their coach go. Tennessee isn't far behind

• Plus1 6

Riley is paid by the University of Nebraska through the end of his contract, regardless of whether we hire his replacement before he is told he is fired or not. Moos clearly understands this. Contractually, there is no need to fire him before hiring his replacement.

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 2

Look at it this way. Keeping Riley around till the end is a good distraction and provides the perfect cover. If we still have a coach we couldn't possibly be negotiating with someone else, anything you hear if just conjecture.   

I hope we are not all naive to believe that. But it really is the best cover for moos and frost. They can't announce frost yet so keep everyone speculating if it's frost and why don't we just fire Riley. 

I'm sure they didn't want contract info leaked but guess what. People can't keep their mouth shut, history has proven that. 

Nothing new to contribute here.  I'm certain Scott Frost is N, no proof.  This time reminds me of the feeling I had when I heard Davison's "miracle catch"  on the radio.  Years from now we'll remember this time as a turning point for the program.  Posting here just to capture the moment and be part of it all.    

Everyone needs to calm dowwwwn.  Take a deep breath.  R-e-l-a-x... we're talking Aaron non-broken collar bone Rodgers style of relaxing.  Remind yourself:

Hey...

We're NEBRASKA...

And we will find the dumbest way to f@$! this up somehow.  Heck, we're old pros at it by now.  

• Plus1 4

I don't want to relax. I want to have a game week where this entire board is talking about that week's opponent. I want the most dominant thread to be about how much we dominate that opponent, not how many prongs a pitchfork should have. 

This lame duck season is tiring on all of us. I think the board members have handled it pretty good and the mods have been extremely patient. Two more games of this and then, when a new coach is announced, maybe we can relax.

7 minutes ago, El Straino said:

Everyone needs to calm dowwwwn.  Take a deep breath.  R-e-l-a-x... we're talking Aaron non-broken collar bone Rodgers style of relaxing

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Pelini's Finger said:

Haven't posted in years but thought this may interest you all. Best friend sat down with a former player(don't know if there are rules against naming him) last night at the bar. He said Frost is a done deal. End of story. I suppose it's the best real life source on anything Nebraska I've ever had. Make of it what you will.

Thunder Collins?

• Plus1 3