** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

The items listed below are not dots that should be connected....

As a favor to Scott Frost, Tom Osborne visits with UCF players in pre-season.

Eichorst is fired after game 3, clearing the path for early-season hiring of a new AD that will have time to zero in on a new head football coach.

University admins Bounds and Green harken back to the 90's as the standard when asked about hiring an AD.

Experienced AD with ties to Oregon is hired at Nebraska.

Fan apathy raises concerns about viability of continuing sellout streak next year.

Multiple reports of former players stating that Scott Frost has told them that Nebraska is his dream job.

Direct quote from Frost himself, while an assistant at Oregon, re-surfaces. Frost stated then that being HC at Nebraska is his #1 goal.

Prominent boosters openly advocate for Frost.

Journalists from state's major new outlets openly advocate for Frost.

Former players openly advocate for Frost.

In one of his first interviews, Moos talks glowingly and at length about positives of Scott Frost (and no one else).

Chancellor Green talks openly and very positively about Scott Frost.

Frost is reportedly the leading candidate at Florida, then he isn't.

Frost is reportedly going to be one of the top candidates at Tennessee, then he isn't.

ESPN Big 10 reporter goes on record saying he will be shocked if Frost doesn't end up at Nebraska.

Same ESPN reporter says Nebraska has made intentions known to UCF that they want Frost.

After airing of Big Red Wrap up, co-host Sean Callahan notes that guest Matt Davison, the best man in Frost's wedding, had a noticeably positive change in attitude.

National reporter, a former Sports Illustrated guy that originally hailed from Lincoln, says Frost to Nebraska is in works, 7 years and $35 million.

Fan apathy over this season appears to be undergoing gradual change to hope... for future Frost led Huskers.

Scott Frost & wife have their first child. Scott's parents (now grandma and grandpa) live in Lincoln.

Moos continues to talk with nearly every media outlet in the state, and never offers a word to dispel notion that Frost is top candidate.

(Compare Moos behavior to other AD's that generally out of their way to avoid verifying that they're interested in a specific candidate for fear of egg face).

The question I keep asking....

If Scott Frost is not coming to Nebraska, why is the University administration and their AD allowing Husker fans to be convinced that he is? Think about it, any one of them could knock down the story in one sentence. It's clear that they want the Frost speculation to be front and center. Is that a diversion or is it because they know they've got their man and they want to build hope for the future?

• Plus1 8

3 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Eichorst is fired after game 3, clearing the path for early-season hiring of a new AD that will have time to zero in on a new head football coach.

University admins Bounds and Green harken back to the 90's as the standard when asked about hiring an AD.

Fan apathy raises concerns about viability of continuing sellout streak next year.

Multiple reports of former players stating that Scott Frost has told them that Nebraska is his dream job.

Direct quote from Frost himself, while an assistant at Oregon, re-surfaces. Frost stated then that being HC at Nebraska is his #1 goal.

In one of his first interviews, Moos talks glowingly and at length about positives of Scott Frost (and no one else).

Frost is reportedly going to be one of the top candidates at Tennessee, then he isn't.

ESPN Big 10 reporter goes on record saying he will be shocked if Frost doesn't end up at Nebraska.

Same ESPN reporter says Nebraska has made intentions known to UCF that they want Frost.

After airing of Big Red Wrap up, co-host Sean Callahan notes that guest Matt Davison, the best man in Frost's wedding, had a noticeably positive change in attitude.

National reporter, a former Sports Illustrated guy that originally hailed from Lincoln, says Frost to Nebraska is in works, 7 years and $35 million.

Fan apathy over this season appears to be undergoing gradual change to hope... for future Frost led Huskers.

Scott Frost & wife have their first child. Scott's parents (now grandma and grandpa) live in Lincoln.

Moos continues to talk with nearly every media outlet in the state, and never offers a word to dispel notion that Frost is top candidate.

(Compare Moos behavior to other AD's that generally out of their way to avoid verifying that they're interested in a specific candidate for fear of egg face).

If Scott Frost is not coming to Nebraska, why is the University administration and their AD allowing Husker fans to be convinced that he is? Think about it, any one of them could knock down the story in one sentence. It's clear that they want the Frost speculation to be front and center. Is that a diversion or is it because they know they've got their man and they want to build hope for the future?

Could be right but I think you are reading into things. The administration is going through the process and are probably not concerned about the fans whims right now. 

4 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

if I was a cop looking for a murder and had dots like this... I think the case would be solved rather quickly!

Not the best analogy?  :)

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Could be right but I think you are reading into things. The administration is going through the process and are probably not concerned about the fans whims right now. 

I think moos is very concerned about the fans thoughts. He has literally said they need to get the fractured fan base united. Do you suppose that will happen if everyone is attached to the idea of frost then dump someone else out of left field. 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Pilot041 said:

There have been no staff requests of Frost by Nebraska.  The university will work with him if he chooses to retain any.  

Coach Riley said that he'd like to coach the remaining games. He is coaching through the end of the season.

Game day! Go Huskers.

MR may stand on the sidelines, and show up at meetings, but I don't see any coaching going on.

• Plus1 1

I am very confident that the administration is VERY concerned with the fans and alums "whims" and concerns and wishes and desires, etc.  That IS THERE ONLY CONCERN when you think about it.   That is the reason for the university itself.   

Now, do they worry about the little gusts of figurative wind that blows back and forth and this way and that routinely?   Not so much but when you have hurricane force gales - the adminstration better be really concerned as their very jobs depend on it.  Now, they also can't let a lynch mob rule the day either.   This Scott Frost mob has really gone off the deep end so the adminstration needs to try to wrest control on some basis or the crazies will be burning down the campus in a fit of unbridled outrage if they don't hire Frost.  There is ONE big problem:  Frost may not WANT to come.  He is a young middle aged man and has a good 25 years of coaching future ahead of him.   This is his prime time opportunity, wherever he decides to go and will make a boat load of money wherever he goes.   But he must choose wisely as a mistake could cost him his career.   

Frost must ask himself:   Is NU really the best place for me and my future?    This is NOT an easy choice for anyone much less a man with family and history and many past and present friends.   If he succeeds, he will be a hero and the most popular fellow around the State.  If he fails, he will be tarred, feathered, crucified and burned at the stake (almost literally).  

This is one of the most difficult decisions ANYONE could make and money is NOT going to be the deciding factor, although NU will have to pony up about $5.5 Million a year on a 6 year deal with some nice bonus numbers and a lot of add ons.  He needs to include a recruiting package to include a jet to make the travel feasible to compete nationally and any other conveniences etc.   He will get his own staff but he should insist on strict rules and standards be written so he doesn't have to make those 'tough' decisions on keeping staff who break the rules or get in legal trouble, etc.  

6 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I am very confident that the administration is VERY concerned with the fans and alums "whims" and concerns and wishes and desires, etc.  That IS THERE ONLY CONCERN when you think about it.   That is the reason for the university itself.   

Now, do they worry about the little gusts of figurative wind that blows back and forth and this way and that routinely?   Not so much but when you have hurricane force gales - the adminstration better be really concerned as their very jobs depend on it.  Now, they also can't let a lynch mob rule the day either.   This Scott Frost mob has really gone off the deep end so the adminstration needs to try to wrest control on some basis or the crazies will be burning down the campus in a fit of unbridled outrage if they don't hire Frost.    

Given what you said in this portion of your post, what will it say to you if the administration does not make any attempt to wrest control of the situation?

Edited by Kernel Red
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Football Guy Bob said:

He was also a GA there in his early days, and his son currently goes there.

I mentioned the GA angle but that was 30 years ago and the only time he coached in college.  

I guess i can see the kid angle

Seems to me he’d hold out for the Titans job if he wants back in coaching and wants to move to Tennessee.