** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

So how many years do we as fans agree to give Frost before calling for his job? 

I seriously think that Nebraskans will show more loyalty to a native Nebraskan head coach, that is likable and shows that he knows how to coach. By that I mean: Develop players, motivate them to show up on Game Days, understand clock management, (for example: run the ball when everybody in Memorial Stadium knows that you want to keep the clock moving or force the other side to use time outs), and represent the State of Nebraska well on the sideline and in the recruits living rooms. We know what wandering in the wilderness is about and we've seen what a poorly coached and motivated team looks like. It's not fun to watch. I guarantee you that Scott Frost Husker teams are going to be fun to watch again. May we never feel like we do about our prospects on Game Day again, as we feel today.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

A minimum of 7 years and we need to STFU in the mean time. It could take a cool decade to get things rolling again. :lol: 

I agree.  The negativity from the fan base has a bigger impact than most think.  This is a full out rebuild.  This is our last real chance before we become the basketball program.  Hopefully he gets Darin Erstad type leniency.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

I agree.  The negativity from the fan base has a bigger impact than most think.  This is a full out rebuild.  This is our last real chance before we become the basketball program.  Hopefully he gets Darin Erstad type leniency.

I hope so, if I go to another game and hear someone boo next to me because he's not "turning it around" as fast as they'd like I might lose it. 

2 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

I think we'll see a different Huskerboard than perhaps we've ever seen in terms of percentage of those focusing on the negative versus the positive. We'll see a lot more of the "sunshine pumpers". I may even become one.;)

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Hopefully there's no need for leniency.

1 minute ago, HuskermanMike said:

That 2018 schedule is brutal, I would say going 9-3 with that schedule would be really impressive. My guess would be with Frosty at the helm we go 7-5 or 8-4 in year 1. Which is a step in the right direction.

I'd say 6-6 is in the right direction, but I'm not going to make any expectations in his first year.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

A minimum of 7 years and we need to STFU in the mean time. It could take a cool decade to get things rolling again. :lol: 

There's no way he gets more than 4 years unless the Huskers are getting better. A losing season after year 1 is almost a certain firing. Frost will have to perform well if he wants 7+ years.

• Plus1 1