** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

He shouldn't be, and we shouldn't be either. That's lame as hell, distracts from/diminishes the amazing effort and accomplishments of the UCF team and players, and reeks of obsessive desperation.

Same with their messageboards. Everyone's saying they don't like us and they're nasty - that's because there are dozens of Nebraska fans going onto their messageboards talking smack to a G5 team who would beat us by 3 touchdowns and gloating about how we're going to steal their savior. I'd be rightfully pissed off too. 

Rivals is a completely different entity than here but I'll explain. On Soundoff,  I had to listen to a handful of Knight posters crap all over our program and state. I suspected one poster had multiple handles. I went to their home board and confirmed this suspicion. In the process I ran into a thread, about Nebraska, on their board. I politely answered three to four questions.  One fan who knows me from Soundoff was concerned of my motives. I explained to him i was finding handles and told him I wouldn't flame unless flamed upon. I was and so was out program. So troll and flame I did. And I have no regrets. You do you. I'll do me.

Sucks to see 'totally false' on front page of ESPN. It's like, for whatever reason, there are some people /groups (not counting UCF fans) that don't want Frost to Nebraska to happen. WTF is up with that? I am tired of sucking. One would think that apathy would set in, but nope, it's just year after year of more pain. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Sucks to see 'totally false' on front page of ESPN. It's like, for whatever reason, there are some people /groups (not counting UCF fans) that don't want Frost to Nebraska to happen. WTF is up with that? I am tired of sucking. One would think that apathy would set in, but nope, it's just year after year of more pain. 

You think ESPN appreciated Nebraska's run from 93-97?  If it had been any other Blue Blood it would have been titled the most dominant run ever. 

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, Bruce1981 said:

You think ESPN appreciated Nebraska's run from 93-97?  If it had been any other Blue Blood it would have been titled the most dominant run ever. 

It sure seems like it, since they spent a lot of time talking about it and and commentating/comparing it during the National Championship game broadcast where Alabama was playing Notre Dame for their 3rd title in 4 years. Their metrics sites still rank the '95 team as the best ever. Can you offer anything for this myth other than conjecture?

50 minutes ago, Bruce1981 said:

So troll and flame I did. And I have no regrets. You do you. I'll do me.

In other words, you're exactly like the people you're criticizing, and your logic for it is akin to a 5 year old saying, "but they started it"?

• Plus1 2

For the people asking for the legalize on hiring Scott Frost.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and I've never lived in Nebraska.

I'm almost positive Nebraska does not have a mandatory waiting period. Nebraska has changed head coaches three times since 2003. We'd remember if Nebraska had to wait X amount of days to officially hire someone.

If I'm wrong and there is a waiting period, then it's only three or four days. Either way, it isn't going to be an issue in hiring a new head coach.