** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">*whispers* frost...</p>&mdash; Game Time w/ Nick Bahe (@GameTime1620) <a href="https://twitter.com/GameTime1620/status/932674226187919360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmm is Nick Bahe hearing the same whipsers as Lars Anderson was?

Edit: I don't know how to embed Tweets...

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

No thanks on Sumlin. I thought we discussed already ruling out coaches that are about to get fired somewhere else. 

From what I can tell Sharpe and Benning are the only 2 pushing the no frost rhetoric. Which I am all for differing view points- but they seem to be standing alone on that one. Unless someone else knows anyone else saying that?

They are the only two. Sharpe even said once that Frost to UF was close to a done deal. Yeah, he was completely wrong on that. 

I'm not sure how those two are going to handle the news of Frost becoming the head coach. 

1 hour ago, Huskerzoo said:

I'm excited to be going. I only get to a game every other year or so due to living so far away. Plus it will be nice to say I was there for HCMRs last game. As much as I sometimes don't like the outcome, I always go, always cheer, always have fun. Supporting the University and players remains important to me, even if the head coach has lost me. 

I have season and haven’t missed a game. I am probably a glutton for punishment but I just can’t not go. 

11 minutes ago, brophog said:

Put him him on your short list.

After his peak, right around his taking the aTm job, he's been in a sharp decline. His 10 years is almost a bell curve. 

He actually has been the same every year except for his first one at A&M.  There has been no sharp decline

11-2

9-4

8-5

8-5

8-5

7-4 currently

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, C N Red said:

When I read it I didn't take it at all as sexist. I read it as fire mike said. Someone came in and stuck up for her and so he joked her husband must have joined. It may have been more homophobic than sexist. Maybe it was a girlfriend/wife. Of course I'm tongue in cheek on most of this as it was blown way out of proportion by Moiraine which is pretty standard for her.

She told a poster "f#*k you". Just go to woodshed, under offending posts thread, and you can see for yourself.

In retrospect I shouldn't have said anything at all. If someone wants to look up all of that more power to them. However, as we all know, one person's perspective may not be the same as another.  Let's move on, shall we?

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

ATS Knight. In your honest opinion. What do you think Frost is going to do. 

I'm not sure. I think that he's weighing a lot of things, which is why he isn't saying very much. I think that it was between UF (chance to win), Nebraska (going home/dream job), and UCF (low pressure/build something). 

Gator fans are saying that Frost was not the top of their board, but I don't believe them. I think Frost turned them down and now they're in Chip Kelly purgatory with no coach. So now it's between Nebraska and UCF. I think Frost wants to coach Nebraska EVENTUALLY, but his dream job opened sooner than he wanted it to. 

Now he's deciding if he wants to continue to build and develop UCF in a low pressure environment and risk losing his dream job if some lifer comes in, or does he go to Nebraska now, while he's still developing as a coach and if he can't adapt his system, he could lose the job forever.

Just my humble opinion. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

They are the only two. Sharpe even said once that Frost to UF was close to a done deal. Yeah, he was completely wrong on that. 

I'm not sure how those two are going to handle the news of Frost becoming the head coach. 

I understand having differing views and all that. My main curiousity is where are they getting their info or is it just based on opinion. Reason I ask is because literally everyone- whether its random guys personal opinion, media and radio personalities, sources etc. All are pretty sound on their believe its frost. BUT those 2. Just saying I wonder where that is coming from- not saying they wrong. Just curious.

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Frost is my top choice but there are much worse hires than Sumlin. 51-25 since the move to the SEC, only behind Bama, LSU and Georgia in terms of wins. Feels like it could be a Mark Richt change of scenery hire. 

He would win alot of games here and likely win the west a few times. It's hard to win your division when you play Alabama and LSU every year. That said I think he would be similar to Bo results wise..we would always be in the mix of the top 25 but he would never take us over the top. He has alot of talent in College Station but always falters in big moments.