** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree anything is possible. But it doesnt seem very likely. Especially considering we have a past behavior of Moos to use as a guide. He announced his next coach within a day or 2 of firing the sitting coach. I would assume he is approaching this the same. Why have we not heard anything about any other candidate yet? No leak about any other agents getting calls- expressing interest in anyone etc? 

I have heard 1 name. Scott Frost. Nebraska is not stupid they are not sitting on their A&& without a plan in place to move quick soon as riley is gone. 

Maybe Moos, unlike our previous admin, actually has a plan, and that don’t include inappropriate leaks or mismanaged statements.

Maybe, when he said he always had a short list of coaches in his top right or left drawer, he actually did/does.

Just now, ATS Knight said:

I'd be shocked if he did. It just doesn't mesh with what we've seen about his character. Isn't that part of reason y'all want him?

I don't see anything wrong with accepting the job, but stating that he is finishing the season for UCF. Nebraska people can get in touch with recruits, and tell them to watch UCF win their conference and bowl game, and imagine how much fun it would be playing for Frost at Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TAKODA said:

Maybe Moos, unlike our previous admin, actually has a plan, and that don’t include inappropriate leaks or mismanaged statements.

Maybe, when he said he always had a short list of coaches in his top right or left drawer, he actually did/does.

Eichorst never leaked anything. It was kept quiet and we got surprised with an idiotic coaching hire- I think all of nebraska had to google mike riley to find out who the hell he was.

Also I think alot of time leaks are intentional- they are not always someone doing something they are not supposed to do. 

What I mean is the fan base is like a pot of water about to boil over and burn water spots on the top of the stove. Wouldnt it be better to have a planned leak of talking to a coach or 2 if you didnt think you had frost in the bag? Soften the blow to husker nation. They all know how much everyone wants frost. I dont see an out of left field hire going well this time. 

Thats fine to have the list in the top drawer. But typically once you pull the list out- look at it- make a phone call. Word gets out.

Just now, jessica0 said:

It is true that no official decision has been made, but the decision has been made. 

Well, OK. 

But Jessica, I did not know I was going to eat lunch today at 12:17 until I actually did  it. So there is that. I am not saying what you are saying won’t turn out proven, but then again, maybe I will skip lunch tomorrow! :dunno

1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I don't see anything wrong with accepting the job, but stating that he is finishing the season for UCF. Nebraska people can get in touch with recruits, and tell them to watch UCF win their conference and bowl game, and imagine how much fun it would be playing for Frost at Nebraska.

It's a massive distraction. The focus shifts to where are recruits, asst coaches going, players figuring out transfers. We've seen this before, your chance of winning games with a lame duck coach drops precipitously. 

1 minute ago, TAKODA said:

Well, OK. 

But Jessica, I did not know I was going to eat lunch today at 12:17 until I actually did  it. So there is that. I am not saying what you are saying won’t turn out proven, but then again, maybe I will skip lunch tomorrow! :dunno

If Scott changes his mind that is on him. NU has put every chip on the table his agent asked for. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Nothing will be announced until sometime after the Iowa game. At that point, it'll be announced on whatever date Frost and NU have agreed. Frost will want to tell his team before its reported/leaked, and he may not want to do that until after their conference championship game. Its on Frost at this point in terms of announcement date.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Eichorst never leaked anything. It was kept quiet and we got surprised with an idiotic coaching hire- I think all of nebraska had to google mike riley to find out who the hell he was.

Also I think alot of time leaks are intentional- they are not always someone doing something they are not supposed to do. 

What I mean is the fan base is like a pot of water about to boil over and burn water spots on the top of the stove. Wouldnt it be better to have a planned leak of talking to a coach or 2 if you didnt think you had frost in the bag? Soften the blow to husker nation. They all know how much everyone wants frost. I dont see an out of left field hire going well this time. 

Thats fine to have the list in the top drawer. But typically once you pull the list out- look at it- make a phone call. Word gets out.

He spoke out of turn many of times in his tenure, not knowing anything about Husker Football, the fans or traditions. I was referring to his lack of professionalism, and wish washy ways. Should have been more precision in my comment. Moos appears to have what SE lacked.

• Plus1 1