** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

21 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Slightly petty but if I'm Moos I'm gonna let Scott try and take down the Buckeyes. Though if he did he may want to renegotiate terms after lol it wouldn't happen but the Husker fan base would go nuts if that happened. Obviously OSU would likely brutalize UCF though, wayyyy too much talent to overcome and Urban one of the best in the game on top of that. 

But that Iowa game...Woof. Anything can happen and UCF is a good team.

I know what you are saying but with the early singing period teams need a coach on campus recruiting as soon as possible. That is what is driving these decision to happen fast. Without the early signing period, it is easier to let him coach the bowl game. 

I think I was one of the first to comment on your attitude.  That is all that bothered me.  You did seemed convinced in what you were saying.  I think you have done yourself a terrible injustice by stating your husband got the information and you posted it.  That may cause some strife down the road for you and your husband, especially if the information was not supposed to be shared.

It makes little difference to me what anyone on this site says, including heralded New casters.  Or lucky pass receiving radio hosts.  None of them know until the contract is signed, and I am dead certain it has not been signed and actually doubt it is in print at this point.

This a guess board, a guessing post that is supposed to keep the inmates entertained.  It has done that, and you have added a lot to the site over the past two or three weeks. I don't think most were upset about the information, it was the way it was delivered.  Sometimes when people are trying to hide an identity, they take on a completely different demeanor, I think that is what has happened.  I think deep down, if you are honest, you were only trying to ease some of this for the vast majority.  I will tend to think that way until proven wrong.

You have a friend in Ladyhawke, and I think you owe her PM to explain further.  She has defended you and taken some things that should not have been said. IMHO

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I was told a week ago that Scott Frost was a done deal and mike riley would probably stay on in some admin role. I did not post it on the board at the time because it sounded so ridiculous. Then I heard Zatechas podcast yesterday discussing this possibility. Now you are saying it. 

Ok.... That may tie into why he was not outright canned 4-5 weeks ago.  CMR may need to stay on for the family benefits as well.

3 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I think you have done yourself a terrible injustice by stating your husband got the information and you posted it.  That may cause some strife down the road for you and your husband, especially if the information was not supposed to be shared.

That doesn't sound to me like a "terrible injustice" but rather a Terrible Justice.

In honesty I don't read much of this.  What ever the last page is when I open.  Some were coming down on her pretty hard for doing exactly what they were doing, what we all are doing, trying to find out who the next coach is.  Her posting reminded me of another poster, that has been banned.  

10 minutes ago, darkhorse85 said:

And those taxes show too!  Lincoln has the best streets in America! 

Lucky you! Omaha streets are crap (glad I live in Sarpy Co.). I feel sorry for those folks who live out I. Western NE. Their roads look like they haven't had any attention since the 80's!

14 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Man, this thread is getting pretty lengthy... discussing local favorite food places and current movies.  I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of CMR staying on after his retirement this weekend.  Small rumor going around, from a large donor friend,  that he will be working with athletic department after his retirement from coaching the team, and transitioning with CSF.  I certainly hope so.  I have stated before, Coach Riley is a great ambassador for UNL.

Here is my one question to people when the bring up Riley staying - Why would he want to stay?  He has spent almost his entire life in the Pacific Northwest.  2 out of his 3 years here have been miserable.  He has no ties to Nebraska.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Here is my one question to people when the bring up Riley staying - Why would he want to stay?  He has spent almost his entire life in the Pacific Northwest.  2 out of his 3 years here have been miserable.  He has no ties to Nebraska.

Because...

Z6rzrsp.jpg

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You look at the decisions Riley has made since day 1. Hughes, Reed, Banker, to name a few. Why would anyone want him making any more decisions for Nebraska.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Because there’s no Runza, Amigos, or Valentino’s in the PNW.