** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

19 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

If this turns out to be true it is a pretty exciting time for DONU football. Green/Bounds seem to be on point in getting the program back in the game. I've been nothing but impressed every time I've heard Moos speak. Sure seems like a great hire so far. And if Scott does indeed return the fan base will be united in way I don't think we've seen since the '90's. I don't expect miracles but look forward to watching the games again instead of dreading another beat down at the hands of teams we used to beat down. I know the UCF games I watched this year have been fun. Hope he can bring that to NU (if indeed he does come back. I trust Hedley put part me says don't get too excited until it official. The letdown would be devastating if things go south).

Anybody else looking forward to the Spring Game? Barring inclement weather, I bet we fill the place up.

We always do when a new coach is hired

2 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I'm believing with all my heart...but how many people were convinced the SweaterVest was coming 3 years ago?  I'll be thrilled for now, and heart attack, call 9-11 jubilant when I see him with the Husker hat, announcing it on the podium.

I'm still expecting the sweater vest to be announced next week...

NBC sports LA said that Chip Kelly met with UCLA today.   I thought it was signed deal with Florida.  

I am not going to get to excited over internet postings about anyone signing or not signing.  Still feel anything can happen in the next week to ten days.  

8 years is a long contract, for a third year head coach.  Hope we get it right this time, because if we don't we will have a huge buy out to deal with.  Every thing you look at indicates Coach Frost will be able to do the job, and it appears the University will give him time.   Only one way to find out. 

On 9/22/2017 at 7:53 PM, marko polo said:

how much lower can we go?

And this is where Frost is in coming into a win-win situation. He gets to resurrect a program flush with money and support that’s had its confidence knocked down and it’s expectations lowered. Pressure is off. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, HCScF said:

You heard it here first. My cousin in the athletic department told me Scott Frost to NU is a done deal, 8 year 48 million after a late push by UCLA. Hiring will be announced Monday regardless of UCF-USF game.

We heard that last night. Go back to page 188 and read the posts by Hedley Lamarr. He nade the announcement about Scott accepting the offer and it will be announced to the public as early as Friday evening.

1 hour ago, skersfan said:

NBC sports LA said that Chip Kelly met with UCLA today.   I thought it was signed deal with Florida.  

I am not going to get to excited over internet postings about anyone signing or not signing.  Still feel anything can happen in the next week to ten days.  

8 years is a long contract, for a third year head coach.  Hope we get it right this time, because if we don't we will have a huge buy out to deal with.  Every thing you look at indicates Coach Frost will be able to do the job, and it appears the University will give him time.   Only one way to find out. 

Go back to page 188 and read Hedley's posts. He shared the news with us last night. You know Hedley's not one to pull things out of thin air.  It's a done deal.  Scott is N!

28 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Heard the Moos asked several of the vocal boosters to “show me the money” and they did pretty quick.

Sounds like UCF had a fairly successful bake sale. Rumored to up their offer to 4.5.

I dont think they can do that and triple the salary for all assistants as well.

They have surprised me with how aggressive they are trying to keep him there.