** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Herbie95 said:

I mean what does SF need to do to answer these questions to these former players?  Will they ever let it go or will it be something fans have to hear like Johnny Rodgers and driving the getaway cracks I've been hearing my entire life.  

Don’t you think any and all questions Damon would have had of Scott when this incident happened were answered a very long time ago. I certainly do. They are adults fir crying out loud! 

Just now, ladyhawke said:

Don’t you think any and all questions Damon would have had of Scott when this incident happened were answered a very long time ago. I certainly do. They are adults fir crying out loud! 

You would think so but listening to Jay Foreman and DB this morning it doesn't sound like it.  

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’ll just just come out and say it.  Not a big Benning fan.  Its all about him. His inflection and long ass questions are an attempt to portray himself as a savant.

I absolutely dread his interviews.  His questions are commentaries.

Great running back though.

I am at the other end of the spectrum. I find Damon to be articulate, intelligent regarding his subject matter and interesting. I thought the segment on Bug Red Wrap Up when Damon and Jason Peter were in was the best one of the season. 

Just now, ladyhawke said:

I am at the other end of the spectrum. I find Damon to be articulate, intelligent regarding his subject matter and interesting. I thought the segment on Bug Red Wrap Up when Damon and Jason Peter were in was the best one of the season. 

Damon is better in a supporting role.  He's lost when Sharp is gone from the show.  He does very well as a color guy or sideline reporter.  He is a better assistant coach or host than being the lead guy.  

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

So Benning holds a grudge against Frost because of college drama 20 years ago??  Stupid.

IIRC it supposedly split the team for a while, and (again, IIRC) I remember reading Benning wasn't the only one that is still grinding that axe--he's just the only one with a voice in the media. 

I don't know about that number of 8 mil from Florida to Frost, but that Lars guy did break the news weeks ago (maybe less then a week ago, but feels like weeks at this point) with the first Nebraska offer to Frost and Frost practically accepting or whatever that was. So I wont immediately throw him out for credibility. This also depends on if Kelly doesn't go to Florida. I do find it hard to believe Florida would offer Frost 8 million and they have zero connections to him. To Florida he is a guy who is doing really well at UCF in year 2. I just don't see them offering that much to Frost. Also didn't they publically come out? Or "Leak" their concerns about Frost? This was of course an effort to save face for Frost turning them down and them having to come up with a narrative to move on from Frost and go to Kelly.

Lets fast forward this week.

17 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

For those of you that might be worried about the Lars Anderson tweet saying Florida will go all in on Frost. Hopefully the image below will put this guy (Lars) into context for you. 

Do you really think Bielema would be acceptable to Moos, Green, Bounds or anyone on the BOR?

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.01.32 AM.png

I don't know who this Lars Anderson guy is, but I don't believe a word he says. No way do the Gators offer $8-million, and if they don't land Frost or Kelly, their next targets are Strong and Taggart. Now, if they miss out on Chip, will they come after Frost again? I'm sure they will. They won't get him, though. I'm confident that Moos and Frost have a preliminary deal in place. Moos comes across as a guy who has his shi.... stuff together.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’ll just just come out and say it.  Not a big Benning fan.  Its all about him. His inflection and long ass questions are an attempt to portray himself as a savant.

I absolutely dread his interviews.  His questions are commentaries.

Great running back though.

Ditto. To add, he's like that person you knew from high school who still goes to the high school football games even though they're too old for it and it's weird. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I don't know about that number of 8 mil from Florida to Frost, but that Lars guy did break the news weeks ago (maybe less then a week ago, but feels like weeks at this point) with the first Nebraska offer to Frost and Frost practically accepting or whatever that was. So I wont immediately throw him out for credibility. This also depends on if Kelly doesn't go to Florida. I do find it hard to believe Florida would offer Frost 8 million and they have zero connections to him. To Florida he is a guy who is doing really well at UCF in year 2. I just don't see them offering that much to Frost. Also didn't they publically come out? Or "Leak" their concerns about Frost? This was of course an effort to save face for Frost turning them down and them having to come up with a narrative to move on from Frost and go to Kelly.

Lets fast forward this week.

Also, let's just remember that even if Florida offered Frost $8 million/year, that 

a) doesn't mean Frost accepted it

b) the offer may come with stipulations that Frost does not agree to (e.g. Florida's concerns about Frost wanting to bring/use his own staff)

c) a large sum offer this late in the game and after flirting heavily with Frost's mentor reeks of desperation

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I am a Benning fan, but sometimes I think he tries way tooooo hard to show that he is knowledgable.  I think when he speaks on football, he intentionally uses terms and phrases that show he has remarkable insight, but he forgets that 95% of his audience aren't football coaches and maybe don't understand a lot of what he is saying.  I am even a football coach of over 20 years and he loses me now and again.  Don't try so hard Damon !

• Plus1 2