** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I wonder if Frost (assuming he's N, of course) would give that Wilson kid a call from a couple years ago.  

(The QB who committed to Frost at Oregon, then went JUCO)

Have heard that Kai Locksley will come with him.

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But who, exactly, would be a sledge hammer hire? I can't think of anyone, unless they can lure Osborne out of retirement.

Stoops......If you define sledge hammer as a hire that's an unexpected home run.  A guy no one even talked about that is an incredibly successful coach and proven winner.....

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Stoops......If you define sledge hammer as a hire that's an unexpected home run.  A guy no one even talked about that is an incredibly successful coach and proven winner.....

Right after the NIU loss is when it became clear to me that Riley was not the answer and needed to be let go. The first guy I thought about was Stoops... At the very least you have to at least call him and see if he's interested in getting back into coaching. He's not even 60 yet iirc.

• Plus1 1
Just now, The Cornfather said:

Right after the NIU loss is when it became clear to me that Riley was not the answer and needed to be let go. The first guy I thought about was Stoops... At the very least you have to at least call him and see if he's interested in getting back into coaching. He's not even 60 yet iirc.

In my list of potential coaches, he would have been that "no way he'd coach, but damn if he would" type hire.  Sledge hammer, home run...

• Plus1 1
Just now, Midwest said:

Anybody who has been around HB pre-Riley care to offer their opinion on any similarlities of the "smoke" we're seeing for SF as compared to the Tressel stuff?  Similar?...or not even a comparison?  I'm hoping for the latter.

I think most of us knew the Vest rumors were bulls#!t ( fun though!)..... Frost is a real possibility. 

• Plus1 3