** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

With Scott it seems to be all about Scott.  I dont really think he gives two craps about NU over another University.  So if he does come here it will be all about money.  Because there are no real good football reasons to come here.  Much better sich at UCF

I don’t think we are talking about the same Scott Frost. I don’t see that at all. Try to google him again.

Pursuit of a national championship will eventually lead to Scott Frost's exit at UCF

But there’s something important to know about Frost: Nothing matters more than a championship. Not the championship, but a championship — in anything, at any time, in football or elsewhere, the former Nebraska quarterback is driven by the chase. In early 1998, he had to stand before the masses and plead his case for giving Nebraska a share of the national title. He won’t ever do that again. Frost just wants to win, and to do so on his own terms.

“There’s nothing better than winning a championship,” he said. “We’re not done yet, but it was a pretty emotional feeling when you see your plan work and you win a championship.”

So when he does leave UCF — and he is going to leave UCF, very likely soon, and if not this month then a year from now — it’ll be because he’s scaled one mountain, and it’s time to tackle the next summit. Because the American championship is one thing. The national championship is another. Frost wants that title. He can’t win it at UCF. Whether that’s fair or not, it’s the truth.

Nebraska will tug at the heartstrings. A few weeks ago, Frost and his quality-control administrator, former Nebraska linebacker Barrett Ruud, sat in Frost’s office and took a quiz: name the 300 most populous cities, towns and villages in Nebraska in 20 minutes. The pair got more than 200. His parents still reside in Wood River, Neb., and Tom Osborne still looms over the university and its football program. At some point, if he hasn’t already, Osborne will place a call: Are you ready to come home, he’ll ask. Frost would have to say no to his mentor and “hero in coaching,” as he called Osborne in a recent interview with USA TODAY Sports.

• Plus1 5
8 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I don't think it'll take 3-4 years to turn the program around.  I think we have the players on the roster right now to right this ship.  What we don't have right now is a head coach who gets the max out of his players.

I want to believe Frost is the guy who can get it done.  I mean cripes, if he can make UCF a winner then why not Nebraska? 

(And I agree with the people who have previously posted that they think Scott Frost being hired as Nebraska's next head coach is a done deal.)

I would love to see UCF play a B10 team in a bowl. 

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I bet they'd be more competitive against Big 10 competition than Nebraska was.

I would dare to say he would win. I feel O-hoe state and Penny Lie were over rated only real question is the Whisky problem.  

32 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

With Scott it seems to be all about Scott.  I dont really think he gives two craps about NU over another University.  So if he does come here it will be all about money.  Because there are no real good football reasons to come here.  Much better sich at UCF

Could have said this exact thing about Riley and it would have the same truthfulness.

"With MIKE it seems to be all about MIKE.  I dont really think he gives two craps about NU over another University.  So if he does come here it will be all about money.  Because there are no real good football reasons to come here.  Much better sich at OSU"

7 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Let me clarify- I would love to see the matchup as long as an UCF assistant is serving as an interim. 

If Nebraska wants Frost, it might very well be that we have to wait until he is through coaching UCF in their bowl game.  It won't surprise me at all if Frosty says you have to let me finish out this year with these special kids and this special season.  Personally, I think it would be classy and respectable if he requested that.  These kids and UCF deserve it.  

We shall see.

Just going to throw this out there for speculation. Not sure what age Moos is but say we land Frost. What's to say Moos retires or moves on for whatever reason. Does a new A.D. retain Frost if he is doing well? Or does he go with "his" guy?

Will he let Frost keep building the program or not?

Just a "what if" scenario.

6 minutes ago, hskerprid said:

Just going to throw this out there for speculation. Not sure what age Moos is but say we land Frost. What's to say Moos retires or moves on for whatever reason. Does a new A.D. retain Frost if he is doing well? Or does he go with "his" guy?

Will he let Frost keep building the program or not?

Just a "what if" scenario.

If he doesn't want to commit career suicide he keeps him if he is doing well............would make no sense to fire him just because. 

• Plus1 1