** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, hskerprid said:

Just going to throw this out there for speculation. Not sure what age Moos is but say we land Frost. What's to say Moos retires or moves on for whatever reason. Does a new A.D. retain Frost if he is doing well? Or does he go with "his" guy?

Will he let Frost keep building the program or not?

Just a "what if" scenario.

If Frost does well the admin will make sure the new AD will be comfortable with keeping Frost in place. 

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hey Knappic, what does the bold part of that article mean?

"His parents still reside in Wood River, Neb., and Tom Osborne still looms over the university and its football program. At some point, if he hasn’t already, Osborne will place a call: Are you ready to come home, he’ll ask. Frost would have to say no to his mentor and “hero in coaching,” as he called Osborne in a recent interview with USA TODAY Sports."

9 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

If Nebraska wants Frost, it might very well be that we have to wait until he is through coaching UCF in their bowl game.  It won't surprise me at all if Frosty says you have to let me finish out this year with these special kids and this special season.  Personally, I think it would be classy and respectable if he requested that.  These kids and UCF deserve it.  

We shall see.

Winning a conference championship is one thing, they’re going to be in a NY6 bowl at best.... Look at past coaches they did the conference championship and then left to get cracking on their new job, Tom Herman comes to mind.

11 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

If Nebraska wants Frost, it might very well be that we have to wait until he is through coaching UCF in their bowl game.  It won't surprise me at all if Frosty says you have to let me finish out this year with these special kids and this special season.  Personally, I think it would be classy and respectable if he requested that.  These kids and UCF deserve it.  

We shall see.

And any AD (in my opinion) worth his salt would not only allow a coach he's hired to finish coaching his current team, he'd expect it.

Just now, ladyhawke said:

Hey Knappic, what does the bold part of that article mean?

"His parents still reside in Wood River, Neb., and Tom Osborne still looms over the university and its football program. At some point, if he hasn’t already, Osborne will place a call: Are you ready to come home, he’ll ask. Frost would have to say no to his mentor and “hero in coaching,” as he called Osborne in a recent interview with USA TODAY Sports."

The author is surmising that Osborne will be the one to try and convince Frost to coach here, and if he turns Osborne down he'll be disappointing his mentor.

It's a little bit of fanciful writing.  Moos will be the point man in the negotiations. Osborne will have a role, but it's not his show anymore.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

We shall see.

Dang well better have an ironclad contract signed. Just blow off our recruiting then I guess. I don’t know how effective a coach could be if working for two teams. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

The author is surmising that Osborne will be the one to try and convince Frost to coach here, and if he turns Osborne down he'll be disappointing his mentor.

It's a little bit of fanciful writing.  Moos will be the point man in the negotiations. Osborne will have a role, but it's not his show anymore.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, T_GBR_FAN said:

I think he might know football as well if not better than a lot of coaches, however, that doesn’t make him a motivater.  Seems to me the great coaches know Xs/Os and can motivate players to run through a brick wall for them. Coach Riley just couldn’t get them to that point. 

Riley has us where they would look for a way around a wall of toilet-paper.