** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have not changed my stance on anything. Frost has verbally agreed, it is up to him to sign. 

That goes without saying but you have presented over the last few weeks that the deal is completely done. It’s obviously not. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

He can speak himself, but NO he didn't. Frost can't sign until his championship is over unless he wants to be a liar about no deal in place. It isn't a contract until it is offered and signed. There have been no indications that he wants anything more than his #1 Dream Job.

I disagree. 

Just now, krc1995 said:

That goes without saying but you have presented over the last few weeks that the deal is completely done. It’s obviously not. 

He has never said that.  He said that there was a verbal agreement, which there is, and that it is up to Scott to sign the contract when the time comes.  That time has not come.  Hedley can't control if Frost changes his mind.  This is why the verbal contract has went away.

• Plus1 3
Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

He has never said that.  He said that there was a verbal agreement, which there is, and that it is up to Scott to sign the contract when the time comes.  That time has not come.  Hedley can't control if Frost changes his mind.  This is why the verbal contract has went away.

He has given specific dates. We’ll see. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I believe he's saying that the details are worked out for what the contract will say.  

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

First, it's Fuente, no s at the end.

2nd when Moos was asked for clarification about "major college football", Moos said "the FBS level", so that would include Frost at UCF.

Frankly, this "mistake" could have been a planned move (knowing it would be questioned for clarity) just to put a bit of doubt in Scott Frost's mind that he has the job "in the bag". It would be the move of a smart negotiator.

• Plus1 1
Just now, krc1995 said:

He has given specific dates. We’ll see. 

We offered the job to Scott in Dallas the weekend of 11/4. As of last Friday he verbally agreed. None of that has changed. I guess I do not know what in the press conference makes any of that void? 

You can't expect Moos to bring any of that to light. If Scott backs out and Moos says he offered someone and they verbally accepted but he cannot say who for a week then what? He literally has to play the cards he played today. Saying he had a list and was doing his due diligence etc....nothing he said makes me question anything I was told from a rather hefty booster. 

• Plus1 6