** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Trent was a graduate assistant at ASU in 2009 when Bo Moos, Bill’s son, was on the team.

Sooooooo Nepotism. 

I joke....almost everything in college coaching is nepotistic in nature.

Edited by Excel

1 minute ago, FearAmeer said:

Just my two cents: It's painfully obvious through so many things i've seen and read including the moos press conference in the past two weeks that Frost is locked in to coach Nebraska. If Moos is trying to get us to steer away from putting our eggs in the frost basket, he's doing a terrible job. Every time he talks it gives me more and more confidence that Frost will be here sunday after the conference championship. That being said this is nebraska and it wouldn't surprise me if we hired Rike Miley, cousin of Mike Riley instead. 

313290057_1173829.gif

We don't just want Frost, at this point, we NEED Frost, as a program, as a fanbase, as a state. People can try to talk up other potential candidates all they want, and try to convince themselves and others that they'd work out, but the only one who's truly worth a damn when it comes to revitalizing this program and providing the healing that is desperately needed, is Scott Frost. If we don't get him, I just see this program spiraling down to a level of permanent mediocrity that we'll never recover from. 

• Plus1 9

Who do you guys want as Defensive Coordinator? 

UCF-USF was the first UCF game I've watched but I've seen the box scores from the other games and how he turned around that program. Frost looks downright scary and if he can get the recruits he'd need I think he'd do extremely well in Lincoln...but I'm curious about the Defense. One thing I've always admired about you guys is the blackshirt tradition, it would be cool to see that make a come back.

It'll be interesting when Bielema eventually takes Iowa and we'll have 4/7 West schools coached by guys who played at their schools.

Edited by Excel
4 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

So why does Sam Mckewon think Moos is going to look at P5 coaches more than G5 coaches?

I don't know what he said, but it could be related to this:

Moos: "...Someone who preferably has head coaching experience in major college football."

How do you define major college football?

Moos: "...Basically FBS. I could've been more specific and said power 5, but ideally someone who's coached in the FBS as a head coach."

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

So why does Sam Mckewon think Moos is going to look at P5 coaches more than G5 coaches?

Moos' original comment concerning things he's looking for included "major college head coach".  Someone asked him what "major college" meant and he first said "FBS" then also added something about Power Five.  

I haven't seen McKewon's article but if he's trying to make that case from what Moos said today I think that's a stretch.

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Let's say he met with Frost in Philly.

Does that mean Moos actually was looking for a condo on Friday when the team flew to PSU? If not, why did he lie about that and not lie about the meeting with Frost?

Ok, I'll assume he wasn't lying and was looking for a condo AND met with Frost. Then he didn't lie but he's an Aes Sedai. But not a good enough Aes Sedai to trick people with the rest of his answer. I'll put him on like... Liandrin level.

liandrin_sedai_-_wot_-_premiere_-_david_

I don't know what the whip is for.

That went... in an unexpected direction. So is Moos going to go mad then?

23 minutes ago, Excel said:

Who do you guys want as Defensive Coordinator? 

UCF-USF was the first UCF game I've watched but I've seen the box scores from the other games and how he turned around that program. Frost looks downright scary and if he can get the recruits he'd need I think he'd do extremely well in Lincoln...but I'm curious about the Defense. One thing I've always admired about you guys is the blackshirt tradition, it would be cool to see that make a come back.

Disclaimer: The only UCF game I've watched this year is the UCF-USF game on Friday. From looking at the seasons box scores and what I saw of their defense the other day I'll be quite content if their DC stays and gets promoted to interim HC.