** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

28 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We don't just want Frost, at this point, we NEED Frost, as a program, as a fanbase, as a state. People can try to talk up other potential candidates all they want, and try to convince themselves and others that they'd work out, but the only one who's truly worth a damn when it comes to revitalizing this program and providing the healing that is desperately needed, is Scott Frost. If we don't get him, I just see this program spiraling down to a level of permanent mediocrity that we'll never recover from. 

Yep. Honestly the only way Husker fans would be fine if we didn't land Frost would be if we got Peterson instead (MAYBE fuente) but I don't see either of those two happening. We have to get Frost and looking over at Florida's s#!t storm and looking at how calmly Moos has been handling the past few weeks, I really truly believe Frost has already agreed to be our next HC. 

3 minutes ago, The Cornfather said:

Disclaimer: The only UCF game I've watched this year is the UCF-USF game on Friday. From looking at the seasons box scores and what I saw of their defense the other day I'll be quite content if their DC stays and gets promoted to interim HC.

I have watched UCF vs USF, UCF vs Austin Peay, and UCF vs SMU and I agree. Their defense gives me flashes of Nebraskas past defenses however they continue to win because of their explosive offense. That being said, who would you guys prefer at DC besides the obvious in chinander?

1 minute ago, FearAmeer said:

I have watched UCF vs USF, UCF vs Austin Peay, and UCF vs SMU and I agree. Their defense gives me flashes of Nebraskas past defenses however they continue to win because of their explosive offense. That being said, who would you guys prefer at DC besides the obvious in chinander?

Aranda

200.webp#0-grid1

10 minutes ago, Husker4ever319 said:

Does anyone have any idea who the SIX people he has on his list are? Just curious to know? I am sure Scott Frost is top of that list but who are the other five? I am sure Chip Kelly is not one of them since in his interview, he already knew that Chip Kelly was going to UCLA. Any idea?

Obviously Frost and Kelly.  I would say Peterson based on his comments.  Sounds like Campbell is pretty likely.  Perhaps Sumlin.  Not sure after that.

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I know we reached out to Petersen and spoke with his agent twice. So he has to be on it 

Are these a current top 6?  We already got turned away by Kelly and Peterson, so I didn’t put them on there.  Beilema is clearly not on the list thank Jebus.

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We don't just want Frost, at this point, we NEED Frost, as a program, as a fanbase, as a state. People can try to talk up other potential candidates all they want, and try to convince themselves and others that they'd work out, but the only one who's truly worth a damn when it comes to revitalizing this program and providing the healing that is desperately needed, is Scott Frost. If we don't get him, I just see this program spiraling down to a level of permanent mediocrity that we'll never recover from. 

Oh come on now, that’s a bit dramatic. 

I would love to see Frost get a shot here, but he’s not the only one that can save Nebraska.

That’s like saying Harbaugh is the only one who could save Michigan.

How’s that working out? Still can’t beat the Buckeyes.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Oh come on now, that’s a bit dramatic. 

I would love to see Frost get a shot here, but he’s not the only one that can save Nebraska.

That’s like saying Harbaugh is the only one who could save Michigan.

How’s that working out? Still can’t beat the Buckeyes.

If we don't get Frost, it'll be a collective punch in the gut. Sorry but I won't have much hope left if we don't land Frost. Nothing special about any of the other names mentioned.

• Plus1 2