** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1) Would be considered a major failure on Moos' part letting the 'Nebraska guy' else where, especially if it were related to money. Money will not be a problem, if anything we will overpay for many of the reasons people have listed above. Hot candidate. Nebraska guy. Fan base wants him. Track record of success and building a culture. Moos isn't going to start off that way.

2) Moos feels that this program is fractured. He feels the fan base is fractured. He knows this is IT. This hire has to be on the MONEY. He also knows that the fan base has to be unified, and we overwhelmingly want Scott Frost as head coach. This would go a long, long way in uniting the fan base & rebuilding the culture and spirit that is Nebraska football. This alone is worth overpaying for as it relates to #1. Moos stated that he listens to the fans. The fans have made it clear what would make them happy. The media has proven this by repeatedly asking questions about Frost as well as fans showing up at UCF games. Moos sees this stuff. 

Frost is the guy and has to be the guy. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I agree with this but let me just add, no way Moos says what he has about Frost, letting people know that he likes his offense, that we’re interested in him, explaining that he’s in the middle of a run that shouldn’t be disturbed, and then leave any possibility we don’t land him. No way Moos is going to backpeddle from that and have to admit openly that we didn’t get the number one guy on our list, that some other school beat us out for the top prospect who has admitted this is his dream job. So that tells me that it really is a done deal that just can’t be announced yet. I just can’t imagine any other scenario playing out after all that has been said.

Offered in Dallas to a man that is his own representation and verbally accepted in Philly from a man that is his own representation......

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I agree with this but let me just add, no way Moos says what he has about Frost, letting people know that he likes his offense, that we’re interested in him, explaining that he’s in the middle of a run that shouldn’t be disturbed, and then leave any possibility we don’t land him. No way Moos is going to backpeddle from that and have to admit openly that we didn’t get the number one guy on our list, that some other school beat us out for the top prospect who has admitted this is his dream job. So that tells me that it really is a done deal that just can’t be announced yet. I just can’t imagine any other scenario playing out after all that has been said.

It's not like he's had a choice, every time in front of media Frost is brought up immediately.  If for some reason it doesn't happen the worst thing he has said were that people talked to people. If it didn't happen, you have to make the fan base forget quickly,  a big name and all star staff will do that.

It's gonna be Frost, I know this.  I'm just being timid because of last time...

Edited by Redux
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's not like he's had a choice, every time in front of media Frost is brought up immediately.  If for some reason it doesn't happen the worst thing he has said were that people talked to people. If it didn't happen, you have to make the fan base forget quickly,  a big name and all star staff will do that.

It's gonna be Frost, I know this.  I'm just being timid because of last time...

.....last time....and the time before......and the time before.....

2 hours ago, Oade said:

I think the whole "Frost is the only hope" idea is based on more than just coaching.

Moos hit on fan apathy and a fracture within the fan base during his presser yesterday. Frost is probably the only coach at this time (realistic coach anyway) that 90% of Husker could both be excited for and patient with. He's the only option that grew up in rural Nebraska and understands the fan mentality of Husker fans - "its definitely about more than winning, but don't lose to Illinois and Purdue, ever."

If we hire Campbell or Fuente or whoever, it's going to be a long apathetic of season. Leach is really the only other realistic option that would generate major excitement, but it'd probably be the wrong type of excitement for over half the fan base.

Agreed.  Frost would be a uniting force from r fans to rally around.  His background would give him more time to turn the ship.  He may not be our coach for 10+ years, but I think he’s the right medicine we need for our 20 year long illness.

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

I suppose so.  But was the chatter just as loud as it is now?

Not even close.  Honestly, all we had last time was the Tressel/Frost being HC/OC rumor.  Then the Bielma infuriating rumor came to be.  Then more Tressel.  Then.....Riley was hired.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, epocSoN said:

Agreed.  Frost would be a uniting force from r fans to rally around.  His background would give him more time to turn the ship.  He may not be our coach for 10+ years, but I think he’s the right medicine we need for our 20 year long illness.

If frost comes I do think he retires here. I get sense he is loyal to kids and university and his next move is his last. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I got a feeling Frost to Nebraska is official gets louder and louder with each day. I thought if it were Frost we'd hear the announcement Dec. 4th, but I think the chatter will be so loud and obvious we may know Saturday as soon as UCF/Memphis is final.

I could see them waiting until Monday.  Bowl announcements are official Sunday night I believe.