** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Yeah so UCF had a meeting with Frost today about an extension. What's the word there?

The only thing I've heard is that they'd like a response within 24 hours so that they can get everthing square away or plan accordingly.... Which, reading between the lines, means that he told them he's coming to Nebraska, and they need 24 hours too figure out how to spin it to their fans.

Edited by Oade

14 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Interesting how some of the media commentary on Schiano mirrors their praise of Riley when he was hired here.

These comments sound just like “winning 6 games at Oregon St is like winning 10 anywhere else” or “If you don’t love Riley, you don’t know college football.”

12294E69-0C7F-4F76-ACEA-FB37591D908C.png

This is an amazing comment.  I remember three years ago listening to Greg McElroy on Sirius radio preach "if you don't think Mike Riley is a great hire, you don't know football."  Then when it was painfully obvious Riley was out of his element, McElroy starting preaching even more about how Riley is one of the greatest men in the game and any football player would be lucky to play for him.  Then just last night I believe, he is on air on ESPN lobbying for Mike Leach to get our HC job.  I swear the initiative of some of these so called "analysts" is down right destructive when you take a step back and really analyze what is being said.  It's almost insulting.  

Listening to Mark Helfrich spew this same crap during the Penn State game was vomit inducing.  Like - how out of touch are some of these former players and coaches?

Edited by 614Husker
  • Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Oade said:

The only thing I've heard is that they'd like a response within 24 hours so that they can get everthing square away or plan accordingly.... Which reading between the lines means these he told them he's coming to Nebraska, and they need 24 hours too figure out how to spin it to their fans.

With how much things were heating up on all fronts, I figured Frost to Nebraska being official news would be heard or known well before Saturday.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Well, if the agreement is to tell UCF yes or no within 24 hours, I guess we know our answer tomorrow night. If something leaks that he signed the extension then uh oh...

He won't, not unless it contains some crazy amount of control and money for his staff.  We're good.

So where can I bet money on SF being our next coach? All the pieces seem to be falling into place here. I find it pretty unlikely that SF will choose to stay at UCF another year, sure he's done some great things there, but he's pretty much hit the ceiling there and he's currently one of the hottest names out there. If he wants to coach at Nebraska, or any sweet P5 position, now is the time.

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’m sure it happens all the time, but how do agree to contract through middle men?  I’d like to at least have a conversation with them before you put your arse on the line.

Everything is agreed to in principle but not signed. Next Sunday they sit down face to face to finalize the deal and sign papers.