** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Anybody else think UCF's AD forcing the issue while Frost is preparing for the CCG, is going to piss off Scott? I think the ultimatum from UCF compared to Moos's easy going waiting is going to be the final straw if Frost is still wavering.

Yes. This guy has come off as a dick on social media as well. True stripes come out under stress 

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Neither really.  Scott understands the situation and why one is being given.

If Frost is breaking down film preparing for their game having told the AD that he wants to avoid distractions and will make a decision after the CCG, and then the AD comes in and tells him he has to decide tonight, I think I'd be pissed. On the other hand, I guess it depends on their relationship and how the AD presented it.

I don't know I think Frost has said he liked the AD at UCF, and I don't really fault the AD of UCF giving pressure to Frost. It's a business and he is essentially leading a company, he needs to know if his manager is going to be around or if he needs to be looking for a new manager, because at the end of the day he has to make sure his company is still running and doesn't shut down once the manager decides to leave.

With that said, I think UCF will look at Frost's staff for their next head coach, so I don't think the Knights go about a nation wide search.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I don't know I think Frost has said he liked the AD at UCF, and I don't really fault the AD of UCF giving pressure to Frost. It's a business and he is essentially leading a company, he needs to know if his manager is going to be around or if he needs to be looking for a new manager, because at the end of the day he has to make sure his company is still running and doesn't shut down once the manager decides to leave.

With that said, I think UCF will look at Frost's staff for their next head coach, so I don't think the Knights go about a nation wide search.

Helfrich might be a good hire for UCF if they don't stay in-house.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Anybody else think UCF's AD forcing the issue while Frost is preparing for the CCG, is going to piss off Scott? I think the ultimatum from UCF compared to Moos's easy going waiting is going to be the final straw if Frost is still wavering.

I was thinking the same thing.  When I read about the UCF AD's ultimatum to Scott it communicated to me that he had more concern with getting this hire done than he did about Scott's team. I realize the UCF AD needs to find a coach when Scott comes home to Nebraska  but knowing how much Scott cares about his team I think this was a misstep on the UCF AD's part.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

Helfrich might be a good hire for UCF if they don't stay in-house.

Ha! I was just about to type they may look at Helfrich the sentence after I wrote I could see them staying in house, but decided to delete it. Helfrich would be a great hire for them, smooth transition for the offense and he could be there long term.

I guess I can’t fault the UCF athletic director for pushing this thing to a speedy conclusion regarding a commitment from Frost. A coach they might want to replace Frost could get scooped up before they have a chance to get him on board. Enough dilly dallying already.

Edited by Glass
12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

***ATTENTION***

This is a bit delayed given the nature of this thread, but, posting news articles, comments, photos or fake material for the intent of trolling the fan base about Scott Frost (or any potential candidate) will not be tolerated. Consider this a friendly reminder, for now.

Sic - em Enhance! 

We (fans, boosters and donors) will be in the know soon enough! ;)

2 minutes ago, C N Red said:

Ya, b/c this entire thread hasnt been a bunch of troll jobs. Honestly, this whole thread should have been in runorville.

This was made a megathread to act as a catch all topic to help keep the main board clean. It can't do that job in rumorville where it can't be seen. It may have bordered on being locked, but it has done its primary job. Given the season is over, and the only thing to talk about now is the job search, then its time has probably ended.

5 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Ha! I was just about to type they may look at Helfrich the sentence after I wrote I could see them staying in house, but decided to delete it. Helfrich would be a great hire for them, smooth transition for the offense and he could be there long term.

Another coach they should look at is Mike Riley who is very highly regarded by ESPN.