** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

9 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I don't know I think Frost has said he liked the AD at UCF, and I don't really fault the AD of UCF giving pressure to Frost. It's a business and he is essentially leading a company, he needs to know if his manager is going to be around or if he needs to be looking for a new manager, because at the end of the day he has to make sure his company is still running and doesn't shut down once the manager decides to leave.

With that said, I think UCF will look at Frost's staff for their next head coach, so I don't think the Knights go about a nation wide search.

Lol don't tell them that. I think UCF believes they can do a nation wide search now. 

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

This was made a megathread to act as a catch all topic to help keep the main board clean. It can't do that job in rumorville where it can't be seen. It may have bordered on being locked, but it has done its primary job. Given the season is over, and the only thing to talk about now is the job search, then its time has probably ended.

I browse this thread for entertainment, b/c its a message board after all. The butthurt gets old.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I was thinking the same thing.  When I read about the UCF AD's ultimatum to Scott it communicated to me that he had more concern with getting this hire done than he did about Scott's team. I realize the UCF AD needs to find a coach when Scott comes home to Nebraska  but knowing how much Scott cares about his team I think this was a misstep on the UCF AD's part.  

How in the world do you even jump to this conclusion after you read something, someone else posted, about what someone else posted a pay sight, about something an AD might have said to a coach.  IF this conversation took place it would be one of the most professional conversations in the world.  They are not flipping 16 year old high school kids.   A misstep to ask a completely normal question with the situation that arose, as the person who signs the checks?  SMH I don't even

3 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I am going to say tomorrow. 

I agree. Especially if an "ultimatum" was given.  Tomorrow, both sides will have their definitive answers......I can't imagine something wouldn't leak out.  It might even be "NU said to be contacting so and so......OR UCF simply announcing Frost is moving pn so they can jump on a coach search and transition....

I think it's more important for them to move quickly than us.  IMHO, after the first few games, there was probably little doubt that Riley would be gone at the end of the year.  When Moos got brought in, NU was planning for the new coach...Unsure how long UCF has been planning to hire a new coach....With rumors of NU adding an assistant coaches pool for salaries, their choice for his replacement might be going with Frost....

Edited by lo country