** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

frost agreed to a 8 year 50 million dollar contract today with nebraska. those are the rumors on campus.

You need to work on your rumor-mongering skills.

Unless things have changed drastically since I attended UNL, there's no classes today so no one is wandering the "campus", dorms are closed during holidays so the students are just returning, and.. I don't know how the Greek houses work on holidays.

Just now, Red Five said:

Fuente and no coach in their right mind (unless they got a $25M buyout) would take the Tenn job right now.

Someone will, it's a big time job.

Boy did they mess this up, though. It amazes me, with all these forums, reddits, sb nations, twitters...all of this fan interaction, why ADs can trot out such unpopular decisions. I'm not saying the AD panders to the fans, because that can get bad results too, but there should be at least some general feeling about how a fanbase will react before committing to a hire. There is absolutely no reason in this age of information that a potential hire goes nuclear like this. 

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I would say that if Tennessee moves quickly on Fuente and we have more silence on our end, it means the deal is done and Frost is in.  There is a tentative yes with Fuente right now with Nebraska.

I agree with that, the more silence from Nebraska in this search IMO means the better chance Frost is N.