** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

21 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

So, kind of a sidetrack, but has anyone thought of Frost trying to recruit Southern California players away from Chip Kelly? We might have to focus on other places.

Boy, i sure hope so. Like lets start recruiting the southeast harder. You need to pull a few Cali players but imo we've invested too much time out there and it hasnt helped culture. It has been discussed in another thread in this forum, but we need a tougher culture which has to come from recruiting different types of players. Jmho.

• Plus1 2

I don't post as much in this thread anymore. It's way too easy to fall behind and nobody cares about comments from 17 pages ago. Anyways, here are a few thoughts from this odd day.

I was always cautiously optimistic Nebraska would get Frost. It looks like the biggest hurdle, Florida, is out of the way now. I suppose Texas A&M and potentially Florida State could make a run at him. But you've got to like Nebraska's odds.

Florida firing McElwain early didn't help them get the alleged top two guys on their list. Dan Mullen is still a good hire though. He will do well at Florida. Maybe not Spurrier or Meyer well, but better than Ron Zook, Will Muschamp or McElwain.

Tennessee fans may have done irreparable harm to their program. "Prefiring" a coach before he gets hired isn't a good look. (I'm not getting into the Schiano allegations at Penn State because it's hearsay.) Good luck hiring another coach that wants to go there after that, let alone one that fans will ever accept. Tennessee may be the new Minnesota or Pitt now. Just some team that was really good 40-50 years ago.

And I'll end on another Nebraska note. Nebraska hiring Scott Frost would be the best thing to happen to this program in a long time. A breathe of fresh air that would unite and excite the fan base.

• Plus1 6
33 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

I joined Huskerboard two weeks ago today as I was interested to see how the content here compared to Rivals and 247 (I'm a paying member of both). I rarely post on either of those sites, but have thoroughly enjoyed the discussion on Huskerboard as it is much more civil than Rivals and nearly as informative as 247. 

This is my 100th post on this site and once it became clear that I was going to reach that number, I wanted to be able to use it to state with 100% confidence that Scott Frost was going to be the next coach at Nebraska. I'm glad to say that I am as certain as I can be that this is about to happen. In previous posts, I've tried to lay out the reasons why I believe Scott is coming home and the events of today have only confirmed that belief.

We've heard speculation for quite some time that Scott Frost wanted to come back to Nebraska as the HC. Recently, we've also heard that he wanted NU (and all others) to respect the fact that his current goal is to guide UCF to an undefeated season and a conference championship. I am extremely proud of the job Hank Bounds and Ronnie Green did in hiring Bill Moos, and I'm even more proud of the fact that they've kept their commitment to Scott by not commenting publicly (and obviously very little privately) on any discussions they may have had with him or his agents. It is also clear that Scott has talked with Coach Osborne and good friends like Matt Davison and they too have respected Scott's wishes. I really can't image how excruciating it must have been for someone as competitive as Matt to hold back as he provided commentary on the pitiful play that was unfolding in front of him.

It should make all Husker fans proud to know that our current administration and future head coach are men of character. Let's face it, if the Huskers were undefeated and it became clear that another school was pushing our coach to leave, we'd be pissed. Bill Moos and his bosses have done all they can to respect the situation Scott is in while still making it known that they are highly impressed with his skill as a coach. If the Huskers were undefeated, we would want the coach of our team to be as focused as possible on the immediate goal (winning) no matter how big the other offers on his desk were. Scott Frost has done that for UCF.

We are clearly now closing in on the final phase of Scott's coaching career at UCF and the beginning of a new era at Nebraska. It is important that we, as fans, honor Scott's wishes and remember that there is likely still a week to go before we can officially refer to him as our head coach. This is an incredibly exciting time for Nebraska football, but the patience we are practicing now, as we wait for Scott, pales in comparison to the patience we will need as he works to re-establish discipline, focused effort and a winning mindset throughout a football program that has lost its identity. In other words, we, as fans, have a job to do as well. We must pull together and keep each other at least a little bit in check as we discuss coaching decisions or player performances. We've experienced greatness and we've now seen the opposite. Stop for a second and think about how incredible it is that nearly 90,000 fans filled a stadium and cheered while watching their 4-7 team take the field. That's just not done... unless you are at a place called Nebraska. So, just as I am 100% confident that Scott Frost is coming home, I'm also 100% confident that Nebraska fans, in general, will give Scott the time and space he needs to build this team back into a winner. It's a remarkable thing we have in this state and we know how to support it.

Go Big Red!

I disagree.

• Plus1 3

Well you really nailed down a lot to disagree with uh I guess..  What are your concerns for  Coach Frost if he takes the Titanic over.    Do we have a wistrom, or peter brothers to mold the team in what we need?  Who would you like to see help Coach Frost make it back   You have  a pretty good head on your shouders, give us some ideas that will make the change over easy and quick.    Give us your best shot sir!

I have looked thru 7 pages and have lost all sorts of brain sells, trying to understand the reason behind this.  He either comes home or he doesn't

I have a 300 foot tower to work on tomorrow, need to get some sleep, will miss most of the information tomorrow, most likely wont look at the site until tomorrow nite.  Hopefully some good information here and good coach signed sealed and delivered.

Edited by skersfan
1 hour ago, C N Red said:

Boy, i sure hope so. Like lets start recruiting the southeast harder. You need to pull a few Cali players but imo we've invested too much time out there and it hasnt helped culture. It has been discussed in another thread in this forum, but we need a tougher culture which has to come from recruiting different types of players. Jmho.

That nice culture is all about Riley's personality.  To say all Cali players are nice or soft is ridiculous.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Well you really nailed down a lot to disagree with uh I guess..  What are your concerns for  Coach Frost if he takes the Titanic over.    Do we have a wistrom, or peter brothers to mold the team in what we need?  Who would you like to see help Coach Frost make it back   You have  a pretty good head on your shouders, give us some ideas that will make the change over easy and quick.    Give us your best shot sir!

I have looked thru 7 pages and have lost all sorts of brain sells, trying to understand the reason behind this.  He either comes home or he doesn't

I have a 300 foot tower to work on tomorrow, need to get some sleep, will miss most of the information tomorrow, most likely wont look at the site until tomorrow nite.  Hopefully some good information here and good coach signed sealed and delivered.

I disagree.

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I thought UCF fans might be idiots since they were cheering and making considerable noise when their offense was lined up to run a play.  It was probably the USF fans in attendance making all of the noise.

You know I think it gets too quiet when the huskers are on offense in memorial.  I get the idea that you don’t want noise for line calls and stuff but I wonder if our offensive intensity wouldn’t be better with a little bit of noise.  You can often hear a pin drop.  Of course we had plenty of noise throughout the season on defense and it didn’t seem to help that much.

8 hours ago, Enhance said:

Trolling the board like this isn't a good look. Please don't do so again.

I'm the one who is going to step away from the board. Pretty pathetic that people throw the troll word around so easily. It was just a freaking joke, no ill intent.

Hell, the date was even in the link I posted. Seriously, people are wound way too tight.

• Plus1 2

I'm having trouble finding the UCF AD giving SF 24 hrs to decide in the NEWS. Did that really happen, or is that a board rumor from somewhere? That seems like a bad look for UCF forcing their own team distraction when trying to secure a championship & Big Dollar bowl bid. It seems to me that UCF has an economic incentive to give SF until after the championship game, at least. SF's contract gives him a $200K bonus for winning his championship & a major bowl game.

The way the dominos have fallen, it is crystal clear that Frost is coming to NU.  If the UCF AD is sitting on his hands instead of searching for his next HC, that is incompetence on HIS part. A deadline should be unnecessary, UNLESS he has a coaching candidate who is uncomfortable waiting that long to get an official offer.

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I'm having trouble finding the UCF AD giving SF 24 hrs to decide in the NEWS. Did that really happen, or is that a board rumor from somewhere? That seems like a bad look for UCF forcing their own team distraction when trying to secure a championship & Big Dollar bowl bid. It seems to me that UCF has an economic incentive to give SF until after the championship game, at least. SF's contract gives him a $200K bonus for winning his championship & a major bowl game.

The way the dominos have fallen, it is crystal clear that Frost is coming to NU.  If the UCF AD is sitting on his hands instead of searching for his next HC, that is incompetence on HIS part. A deadline should be unnecessary, UNLESS he has a coaching candidate who is uncomfortable waiting that long to get an official offer.

Damn good question .... is somebody spreading BS?

2 hours ago, MacNCheeze said:

Yea, tensions are high right now.  My wife is pretty upset ive been spending most of my time searching the internet for answers right now.  I think all the spouses of huskernation want this to be over also.

Yesh, my wife has been pissy all weekend.  She's preggo with twins too but here I remain.  That should tell her how important this is.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Knap does it better.

I disagree

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1