** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

To all those waiting on new babies to pop out: keep them in there as long as possible. My daughter showed up 8 weeks early last year and got to spend a few weeks in the NICU, and my fingernails have just started to grow back out from all the chewing I did on them. She just turned a healthy, happy 1 year old, and I've turned to pulling my hair out as opposed to chewing my fingernails. 

• Plus1 8
7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

We're keeping an abbreviated thread with the most reliable available updates pinned at the top of the Husker football forum. :thumbs

I need more information than what is currently provided. If nothing else is available just make something up. :snacks:

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

FWIW - Both Sharp and Benning said Frost is plan A and Fuente is plan B if Scott doesn't come through. Hell of  a plan B.

Fuente is more or less N if we want him. We will not need to go that route though. Fuente is a Midwestern guy from Oklahoma. He actually gets what NU is and it would obviously be what he would consider a big gig. 

• Plus1 6

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

FWIW - Both Sharp and Benning said Frost is plan A and Fuente is plan B if Scott doesn't come through. Hell of  a plan B.

In other news- talking heads are gonna talk.  Amazing how S and B have come around on Frost lately.  

*Epic aneurysm inducing eye roll*

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Fuente is more or less N if we want him. We will not need to go that route though. Fuente is a Midwestern guy from Oklahoma. He actually gets what NU is and it would obviously be what he would consider a big gig. 

In any other year, I'd be ecstatic to get Fuente here; he's a great coach. 

1 minute ago, El Straino said:

In other news- talking heads are gonna talk.  Amazing how S and B have come around on Frost lately.  

*Epic aneurysm inducing eye roll*

I can't tell if you actually listen to S&B, or if you just read what others say about S&B. 

54 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

December 4th...It will make it a little tough for him to leave on that date if they beat Memphis since they will get a January bowl, probably against the loser of Wisconsin vs Ohio State, but he knows that he cannot waste anymore time.

Last projection that I saw put UCF vs TCU in the Cotton Bowl. That would be a great matchup, IMHO. UCF vs Ohio St I would be interested in seeing (personally), but frankly I don't want the Big10 or Ohio St. getting an early preview of Nebraska's 2018 game plan against THEM.

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

If this is true (and no reason to doubt Hedley Lamarr) then Moos has done a masterful job of playing his cards. The interest in Fuente provides a nice counterweight to Frost's getting TOO crazy with his contract demands, as well as being a decent fallback if necessary. How is Fuente not on some of these other school's short lists?

• Plus1 2