** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

I'm having trouble finding the UCF AD giving SF 24 hrs to decide in the NEWS. Did that really happen, or is that a board rumor from somewhere? That seems like a bad look for UCF forcing their own team distraction when trying to secure a championship & Big Dollar bowl bid. It seems to me that UCF has an economic incentive to give SF until after the championship game, at least. SF's contract gives him a $200K bonus for winning his championship & a major bowl game.

The way the dominos have fallen, it is crystal clear that Frost is coming to NU.  If the UCF AD is sitting on his hands instead of searching for his next HC, that is incompetence on HIS part. A deadline should be unnecessary, UNLESS he has a coaching candidate who is uncomfortable waiting that long to get an official offer.

It's rumors from the UCF board from that board's head guy (admin?). So grain of salt.

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think they should go after Pelini. I am sure he would welcome a big time gig in the SEC- get his foot back in the door in the big stage of college football. Tennessee could get a pretty good coach for fairly cheap. Plus it would help offset what we owe bo right?

Didn't Bo throw his name in the hat for UT when they hired Butch?  But in the current climate there, he would get eaten alive by the fans/media.