** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

This morning, Gary Sharp brought up an interesting person that could have been used to help connect Moos and Frost.....Phil Knight.  I know NU is an adidas school, but Knight knows Moos and Frost very well.  I think Sharp brings up a very good point, in that both Moos and Frost could have used Knight to see how the other person works.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This morning, Gary Sharp brought up an interesting person that could have been used to help connect Moos and Frost.....Phil Knight.  I know NU is an adidas school, but Knight knows Moos and Frost very well.  I think Sharp brings up a very good point, in that both Moos and Frost could have used Knight to see how the other person works.

Maybe Moos can somehow use his connection with Knight to make Addidas step up their game in the uni business, make the threat of us switching to Nike someday hold some water!

2 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

I thought Knight was the reason Moos left -- because of wanting to do things the right way and Knight didn't, or some such story.

Moos could have left Oregon because of Knight meddling, but from the professional manner of Moos, don't you think it's probable that the two mended any bad feelings they had for each other.  If anything, Knight would be able to tell Frost what Moos was like as an AD, and he would be able to give insight to Moos into Frost.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Moos could have left Oregon because of Knight meddling, but from the professional manner of Moos, don't you think it's probable that the two mended any bad feelings they had for each other.  If anything, Knight would be able to tell Frost what Moos was like as an AD, and he would be able to give insight to Moos into Frost.

Certainly anything is possible.  I think it's a reach, though.  Not your post, just the idea of Knight being a conduit in general.

1 minute ago, FlipPhone said:

Certainly anything is possible.  I think it's a reach, though.  Not your post, just the idea of Knight being a conduit in general.

I agree that it could be a reach, but I think it's definitely possible.  But, if you're Moos and you are trying to get as much information on a candidate as possible, why not reach out to people in your network.  Moos even commented on Saturday that "he knows a lot of people".

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Could, but honestly I don't see Phil Knight involved that much with Frost and his success anywhere else unless it was at Oregon.

See, that's where you are wrong.  One of the first things Frost did at UCF was call Phil Knight and tell him that he needed a uniform upgrade at UCF to help with recruiting.

Frost and Knight are close friends.  Knight is a key mentor for Frost.  This goes back to Knight sitting next to Frost in the coaches box during Oregon games.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

See, that's where you are wrong.  One of the first things Frost did at UCF was call Phil Knight and tell him that he needed a uniform upgrade at UCF to help with recruiting.

Frost and Knight are close friends.  Knight is a key mentor for Frost.  This goes back to Knight sitting next to Frost in the coaches box during Oregon games.

1.) Good and smart of Frost using his resources and network to better his program/team with reaching out to Knight.

2.) Phil Knight was sitting next to Frost in the coaches box because well, when the guy who paid and built the program wants to sit in the coaches box I am sure the university makes that accommodation. Also I think this would be the head coaches call, not Frost's.

3.) I guess I don't know if Knight is a mentor to Frost.