** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Scoft trost said:

Is Frosts house for sale?  I would think its under wraps.  The University I would think would probably buy his old house and or then sell it for him.  Makes his life easier.  Assistant coaches would be more likely to be on their own when shopping for a house.  

I think most assistant coaches rent because they know they could be on their way to a new job any time.  The life of the assistant coach is very nomadic.

8 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Would be great. Helfrich is a bit of a wet blanket but he’s a good QB coach and playcaller. I think most people believe he would follow Chip to UCLA but there’s no reason we couldn’t attract him here.

Not sure how I feel about keeping Donte Williams. I get that he didn’t see eye to eye with Diaco, but that’s part of what made this year such an abomination. Trashing Diaco more to defend other assistants seems like a dangerous path. A couple weeks ago, people didn’t want anyone retained.

I wouldn’t mind seeing KW kept here if there’s an opening and Frost decides on that.

What people? Most people seem to like the idea of keeping Donte from what I've read

1 minute ago, tyrone_biggums said:

The humidity in the south east is way below what is livable for me. If I sweat simply by existing in a location, I don't want to be there.

San Diego though... You get June Gloom and then it is 70-80s year round.

Yeah, I don't know. I just really like the seasons. All four of them. Plus, I'd miss hunting, and there's no hunting like cold weather hunting.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, tyrone_biggums said:

The humidity in the south east is way below what is livable for me. If I sweat simply by existing in a location, I don't want to be there.

San Diego though... You get June Gloom and then it is 70-80s year round.

Below?   I do hate the humidity here.   I could move pretty much anywhere, but lack of inertia (i.e., I'm lazy) and no real incentive causes me to stay.   I do own a business here but I'm not involved in the day to day operations.  

• Plus1 1

I live in SoCal, but at 4200 foot.  We get all 4 seasons, but normally the temp is around 65 even after a major storm.  2 foot of snow is gone in 3 or 4 days.  I could never live in Phoenix, just too darned hot in the summer.  Nebraska when I lived there was cold and windy, not much snow.  Old cars did not like to start.  I am thinking the new automobiles make living there easier.  I have Pine and Oak trees on my property, and drive 20 minutes to snow, 30 minutes to Palm Springs, or two hours to the ocean.  No gang activity up here, but we now have many growers for the SoCal weed market.  Not fun to have around.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, skersfan said:

I live in SoCal, but at 4200 foot.  We get all 4 seasons, but normally the temp is around 65 even after a major storm.  2 foot of snow is gone in 3 or 4 days.  I could never live in Phoenix, just too darned hot in the summer.  Nebraska when I lived there was cold and windy, not much snow.  Old cars did not like to start.  I am thinking the new automobiles make living there easier.  I have Pine and Oak trees on my property, and drive 20 minutes to snow, 30 minutes to Palm Springs, or two hours to the ocean.  No gang activity up here, but we now have many growers for the SoCal weed market.  Not fun to have around.

Remote start, baby

Is there something else I'm missing regarding the media? Sounds like reporters appeared at their house, asked for an interview which was declined, and the Frosts offered a nice comment about Frost coming home.  Is that alone what some are considering harassing and tactless?

5 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

Below?   I do hate the humidity here.   I could move pretty much anywhere, but lack of inertia (i.e., I'm lazy) and no real incentive causes me to stay.   I do own a business here but I'm not involved in the day to day operations.  

below the quality of what I would consider livable and above the threshold relative to humidity %

1 minute ago, QMany said:

Is there something else I'm missing regarding the media? Sounds like reporters appeared at their house, asked for an interview which was declined, and the Frosts offered a nice comment about Frost coming home.  Is that alone what some are considering harassing and tactless?

I don't like the idea of cameras/reporters showing up at anyone's house. It makes me uncomfortable. Has the "nothing is sacred" feel to it.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Is weather really that big of a deal to people? I couldn't stand having the same weather year-round. #TeamSeasons

I have lived in both places, there are pros and cons. Nebraska weather is great for the most part. Nice season changes, winter is fine at first (esp if you are a kid or have kids) its fun up until about the first of the year and then Jan-March is just plain sucks. Not even the cold as much as driving around in it and having to do the equivalent of a NASA Evac just to go outside. Love the rest of the year. Summers are nice--hot during the day, cools off a bit at night. In most places in Florida, it just gets dark and hot and the worse kind of hot.  When we moved here we bought a house just off of lake so we get a nice lake breeze and have a large enclosed back porch/pool area, and that screen really controls the heat and makes it very enjoyable to relax outside.