** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I hope so.  I'd think out of respect for NU and TO, Frost or UCF would've announced that he was staying or a deal had been reached etc......Frost, more than anyone knows how the coaching search works and what the early signing period means....

Announcing it now just takes all the focus off his UCF team which is exactly what he wants to avoid.  He will be ours on Sunday or Monday and recruiting here can start back up.

Edited by Redux

3 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

In the simplest terms, they are only letting you bet that yes Scott Frost will be the Nebraska coach?  An optimistic UCF fan can’t bet no. They aren’t offering a no bet. I find that odd. The other point is that if things are considered common knowledge they would take the bet down. As of right now I can still bet it. This is not a done deal. Sports books aren’t stupid and the fact that they aren’t even offsetting their risk on this bet with a No bet is doubly concerning 

Yes. Everyone I talk to says their insiders say this is a lock. If it was a lock, you wouldn’t be able to bet. Worries me it does. In Moos we trust...

• Plus1 1

I don't think any other top candidate, Fuente included, would want to be "the one who got offered cuz Frost said no".

I'm of the opinion that L Anderson and C Fowler are on the right track with their tweets of this being a done deal, and done for a while now.

If Frost waits until this weekend and says no.....it's dangerously close to burning a bridge 

Plus, my impression is Moos is smarter than that.

If Frost were going to stay, I would think we would’ve known awhile ago. He has an extension sitting on the table. If he wanted to clear all distractions he would’ve signed and announced such. I suppose he could be stringing UNL a long until the last possible minute but I think Moos would’ve asked for some reassurances or else he would’ve offered to someone like Fuente by now if he thought Frost was leaning on staying.

• Plus1 1

Frost only talks about the CCG and not a bowl game which makes me think the news will break Sunday and a formal press conference on Monday. If he has mentally prepared for this transition, he realizes its important to get to Lincoln ASAP to meet the current players and do what recruiting he can before the early signing period.

2 minutes ago, JimmyBuckets said:

If Frost were going to stay, I would think we would’ve known awhile ago. He has an extension sitting on the table. If he wanted to clear all distractions he would’ve signed and announced such. I suppose he could be stringing UNL a long until the last possible minute but I think Moos would’ve asked for some reassurances or else he would’ve offered to someone like Fuente by now if he thought Frost was leaning on staying.

Yeah, Scott would really be screwing us over if he backed out this late into things.  I'm not a fan of that Ryan Bass reporter on twitter acting like things are still up in the air.

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Vegas doesn't know jack. Everyone too excited about all this. Didn't they stop betting on chip Kelly to Florida? Then scott frost was favorite. 

They took Frost to Nebraska down over the weekend now it’s back up. Look, I’m not saying they are right all the time but to say they don’t know jack is dumb. They make a s#!t ton of money by being good at s#!t like this. They certainly nailed our win total this year 

1 minute ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Yeah, Scott would really be screwing us over if he backed out this late into things.  I'm not a fan of that Ryan Bass reporter on twitter acting like things are still up in the air.

That would really suck but I also doubt Scott is that type of person as he basically told Florida thanks but no thanks and we have offered the job and heard nada.  Im guessing we will hear the good news this Sunday.