** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

23 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Imo, Wisconsin can put it to anyone with their style. They seriously may just sneak themselves into a National Championship (Which may be good for the Huskers, having the NC in their division). 

Wouldn't be shocking for UCF to hang with anyone outside the Top 6. 

I for one hope they lose.  I don’t want to see OSU again, buttery are already a name.  If WI makes it and shows well, that’s just another team to compete with for top recruits. They already develop talent well, we don’t need them selling recruits on the ability to actually win too. 

Just now, o-line54 said:

I somehow must have missed it, what is the reference to the one Florida message board poster? What were they saying?

I think it was about Frost's wife wanting to stay in Florida.  I could be wrong.  I'm reading these posts like 200 times a day looking for a definite answer...

• Plus1 2

My beliefs to date as to why Scott Frost will be Nebraska’s next head football coach.

·  Moos appears to be confident and competent.  Has a list of potential candidates.  There has been no smoke from him at all, except praise for Frost.  Hard to think he’d let things go this long if he didn’t feel he had someone nailed down already.  That someone may or may not be Frost, but it seems he has a plan in place and an agreement done.

·  Frost has said it is his dream job to come here.  Statements this week also point to his strong feelings about Nebraska.  He has had many chances to clear the air and say he is staying.  Hasn’t done so.

·   If Frost had an offer from NU and was sitting on it, even if he decided to pass on Nebraska, he’s surely let us know.  Not wanting to coach here is one thing.  Intentionally causing NU harm by backing out at the last minute seems like something he wouldn’t do.

·   Half a dozen other coaching jobs have opened up, had rumors swirling on an hourly basis, and have been locked up.  Some of them removing potential coaches on Moos’ list.  Still no smoke or rumors about Nebraska, except for those around Scott Frost.

·   I refuse to believe that both Frost and Moos would be acting in such a manner as to cause Nebraska harm, or to miss signing a good coach.

·   Hedley Lamarr says so.

• Plus1 3
Just now, lo country said:

I think it was about Frost's wife wanting to stay in Florida.  I could be wrong.  I'm reading these posts like 200 times a day looking for a definite answer...

The post was hard to believe.  I still would like to know where the post is sourced from just to do some due diligence

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

I read somewhere on another board his wife was heard stating she was on board with going wherever they needed to. 

Edited by CPT Blackshirt

5 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

In case anyone has not seen this video from Adam Carriker, it's a pretty good summary of Nebraska's top 25 plays of all time and includes some emotional moments at the end.  Frost is included so it technically fits in this thread. :)

Oh my gosh!  That was SO good!  I relived so many of those moments! I laughed and I cried. (You can say what you want about Mike Riley but he led us through Sam Foltz death with respect and dignity.). Thanks for posting this! GO BIG RED!

• Plus1 2

I know we are scarred from being Eichorsted, but lets take a moment to take our emotional investment out of this and look at it from an outsiders perspective.

Frost has been given a contract extension from UCF weeks ago and he has not signed it. Over the weekend UCF admin spoke to Frost extensively trying to make a final push to get him to stay, at this moment no extension has been signed. If it had, it would have been announced by UCF and Frost himself to one; celebrate and show off to everyone that UCF has kept the most sought after head coach of this off season and two; keep the focus completely on Memphis and the bowl game and moving forward as a program.

Nebraska is without a head coach and more and more positions are being filled and the coaches that were on our AD's short list on Saturday evening are quickly being picked up. Our list of available head coaches is shrinking. Yet there is zero smoke around any other head coaches name for our opening. I haven't even heard of anyone interviewing.

Go with the comments of what Moos described as who he wanted as our next head coach and go with Frost's comments of what he said and maybe more importantly what he hasn't said these past few days and all signs point to him coming to Nebraska.

I agree with many that no way Frost keeps Nebraska hanging around for an answer to decided officially on Saturday night between UCF and Nebraska. With each day that passes and we don't hear anything the odds become greater that he will be our head coach.

Try to put out being Eichorsted and it'll ease your mind.

Some of you are worse than my spaniels! Look it’s a post...it’s negative...SQUIRREL!

Stay focused on the facts!

Take some Hedley Valium.

There is just no way a big time coach is gonna turn down an interview the likes of Florida without having something in the bag already!

• Plus1 1

Why is eeryone worried. I have been through the fires with this team....i am 200% (with Hedley) that is done deal. Pay attention folks.  Moos says plenty of time to talk to Frost...he is in no hurry bc he is ours.  At ZERO time has SF even remotely stated that he is considering staying....always refering to leaving. People are just trying to stay occuppied I guess.  Almost 100% of national and local media have sources who say its done.

What about Herm Edwards possibly at ASU

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, lo country said:

Talking to some buddies today.  Whisky is boring, plain and vanilla....Yet they simply smother teams like a wet wool blanket.  They are incredibly sound in technique, fundamentals and the basics of football....in all 3 phases of the game.  They are simply a well disciplined team that knows how to win....

How did we ever hang with them in 16?  If you ask me, that heartbreaking loss was the catalyst for the ensuing decline.  I don't know why because it surly could have confidence inspiring too.