** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

UCF boards were comical the last few days due to a few of their posters attracting trolls, but now they've calmed down as they've begun to accept that Frost is leaving.

Tennessee is stark, raving mad.

Eh I've been lurking and reading what they are saying and a lot of them still think there is a CHANCE he stays at UCF. I also find it hysterical that one guy says that frost loves BOTH schools equally.... no buddy he came to coach UCF because it's an easy place to win, he didn't come there because he has an attraction to the school in his heart like nebraska. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

I dont know much about him - why is he awful?  I thought he was decent at least?

In my opinion he's performed no better than June Jones at SMU.  I think he is an offense heavy guy and hasn't proven he can mold a defense.  I'm sure he could bring in offensive talent to Tenn, but you need a defense to championships.  I think he's best suited as an offensive coordinator or G5 coach.  I don't think he has the skill set to rebuild a P5 team on both sides of the ball.

• Plus1 1

How many times over the last ten years have we heard on this board that if we offered enough money we could get any coach we wanted? 

How many of you have said something about not settling for mediocrity and throwing huge chunks of money at people like David Shaw or Chris Petersen, believing we could snag them?

What's happening at Tennessee is proof that that sentiment isn't anywhere close to reality. Take note of the fact that Tennessee offered to essentially double Mike Gundy's salary, and make him the third highest paid coach in the entire country, and he said, "nah".

• Plus1 5
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

UT fans are now talking about hiring Pelini. Please, please let this happen!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/285546-bo-pelini.html

I would feel sorry for them if that's who they had to settle for... Maybe he could do better with SEC recruiting but I dunno... I can still see Wisconsin running backs running everywhere on us everytime I close my eyes...