** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Not a Pelini fan by any means,  has nothing to do with his coaching ability.  Did some things in the past that I was not in agreement with.   But read a story this summer about a young man that had gotten in trouble in high school, sexual assault.  Coach Pelini became sold on the kid and went to work on getting the kid shaped up and flying right, he made the team, but the school found about the past and the students wanted him gone.  Coach Pelini worked very hard to keep his word to the kid and got him back on the team.  It does show he is steadfast on he beliefs and truly is helping a kid that most would not.  I hope it turns out well for the kid and it doesn't bite Bo.  It has changed my opinion some of him.  Still think he is a long way from ever being a Power 5 coach again.  Wishing him luck is very hard for me.  But he is making steps to repair his rep.  That is all I can ask of him.  

I don't think he would be a good fit at TN though  Their fan base is far crazier than ours.  He would clash quickly I think

I will never forget how Bo helped in the healing process for Penn State.  That prayer Was amazing and I saw a side of Bo that I will never forget and frankly I don't think those Penn State fans will forget that effort to help either.  I also remember how he allowed Taylor (Martinez) and the rest of the team permission to give Jack Hoffman the dream of his young life: to make a touchdown at a Husker game. Bo has heart and he is a decent coach but he still has some growing to do in handling his emotions.  I don't think he would be a good fit at Tennesee. I think he's doing just fine where he is. 

Edited by ladyhawke
  • Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I don't think he would be a good fit at TN though  Their fan base is far crazier than ours.  He would clash quickly I think

Pelini's primary clash at Nebraska was with Perlman.  It spilled out past that, which is on Pelini.  But as the leader, Perlman is far from blameless 

The credit I'll give Pelini is the amazing run of backs he had....some of the best in Husker history.  And his ability to develop cornerbacks was amazing.

Pelini being long gone is not a bad thing, but it's really having Perlman gone that is key to getting football back where it should be.

If Perlman is around, no way does Osborne give Frost to the thumbs up for Nebraska.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

No, but I'm also not one who thinks that he's a bad coach. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bo win a championship at a P5 school someday with a fresh start, change of scenery and lessons learned from his time here.

Bo is arrogant and isn't learning any lessons. I look forward to his next P5 job of 2-3 decent years and then the pressure gets to him.

Edited by RedDenver
1 hour ago, skersfan said:

It has changed my opinion some of him.  Still think he is a long way from ever being a Power 5 coach again.  Wishing him luck is very hard for me.  But he is making steps to repair his rep.  That is all I can ask of him.  

Seeking out a convicted rapist to walk on to your football team is not a step towards repairing your reputation.

39 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Bo is arrogant and isn't learning any lessons. I look forward to his next P5 job of 2-3 decent years and then the pressure gets to him.

For all of Bo's arrogance, it takes at least some sort of or some degree of humility to go from a blueblood P5 program to an FCS school, while keeping your head down and presence out of the media. It's not really for any of us to say what Bo has or hasn't learned.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Landlord said:

How many times over the last ten years have we heard on this board that if we offered enough money we could get any coach we wanted? 

How many of you have said something about not settling for mediocrity and throwing huge chunks of money at people like David Shaw or Chris Petersen, believing we could snag them?

What's happening at Tennessee is proof that that sentiment isn't anywhere close to reality. Take note of the fact that Tennessee offered to essentially double Mike Gundy's salary, and make him the third highest paid coach in the entire country, and he said, "nah".

Yeah, no.  It doesn't prove anything outside of the University of Tennessee.  That place is nutty.

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, jaws said:

That is what happens when you let your fans and media determine the direction of your football program. Hire an AD that you can trust and let him/her do his/her job.

I honestly think their AD should quit. And I’m not saying that because I think he’s awful or anything. I have no opinion in that matter. But his autonomy and authority were just publicly undermined to a degree that I don’t see how he stays. 

7 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

I find it funny how UT riots over schiano for unproven allegations yet would welcome Kiffin who has ART BRILES on his staff. Remember that rape survivor who talked to the NEB football team about Baylor and how he covered up rapes? Lol...

It was completely disingenuous that Schiano’s completely unsubstantiated witnessing of Sandusky was why they were mad. If he were a top candidate there is literally nothing those fans wouldn’t overlook to have him. To me that’s probably the most disgusting thing about The Tennessee mess. They just used the Sandusky thing as a shield for their tantrum

• Plus1 5
7 hours ago, Landlord said:

How many times over the last ten years have we heard on this board that if we offered enough money we could get any coach we wanted? 

How many of you have said something about not settling for mediocrity and throwing huge chunks of money at people like David Shaw or Chris Petersen, believing we could snag them?

What's happening at Tennessee is proof that that sentiment isn't anywhere close to reality. Take note of the fact that Tennessee offered to essentially double Mike Gundy's salary, and make him the third highest paid coach in the entire country, and he said, "nah".

This. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve argued with “just offer him 8 mil” guy. Tennessee and to a lesser extent Florida show that some of these lunatic asylums are simply not worth coaching at if you can make a good living elsewhere. s#!t, look at the Malzahn rumors. This is a NC winning coach getting ready to play in his CCG and there is a real chance he takes a job at a rebuild program just to escape the ridiculous Auburn fan/booster expectations. Quality of life doesn’t change enough between 4 and 7 mil to make it worth the stress

Edited by olddominionhusker
  • Plus1 1
On 9/22/2017 at 10:04 PM, Vitalis Jackson said:

Word. Stick with Coach Riley. He's a class act, and he's just now starting to bring some decent recruits on board. Clearing the back stock takes time. My only complaint with Coach R. is that he should have cleared the bench last year and booted several of the old order. There were horrible attitude issues left from the old regime.

Yeah, page one is a riot. Should’ve cleared out all the Pelini recruits early.

On what planet does going out of your way to help a rapist play a sport making you a good person?

On what planet do people in their mid 40s who are bats#!t crazy suddenly learn something/mature when in their late 40s? He wasn't a teenager going through puberty while coaching here. The dude has had worse sideline antics at YSU than he did at Nebraska. He didn't go to YSU because he's humble. He did it because it's his hometown and it kept the $ flowing from Nebraska.

Lastly, he's 6-5 this year and he's out of his Nebraska transfers.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 4

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

On what planet does going out of your way to help a rapist play a sport making you a good person?

On what planet do people in their mid 40s who are bats#!t crazy suddenly learn something/mature when in their late 40s? He wasn't a teenager going through puberty while coaching here. The dude has had worse sideline antics at YSU than he did at Nebraska. He didn't go to YSU because he's humble. He did it because it's his hometown and it kept the $ flowing from Nebraska.

Lastly, he's 6-5 this year and he's out of his Nebraska transfers.

He’s a pro linebacker coach who fell into this gig with a lot of help from the anti-social media mob.

The same kinds of things were said about Devaney and Osborne coddling their star criminals.

Sometimes it works for the best...JR... sometimes not...LP

6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I agree that his personality will not change and will affect his ability to succeed at a P5 school. We also have to remember that, despite the 9 wins against mostly soft teams, his Husker teams commonly were blown out in the big games that they needed to win. Bo peaked with the 2009 team that contained many recruits from his predecessor, and his teams gradually got worse from there. If programs like Tennessee are comfortable with 8 or 9 wins a season and routinely finishing 2nd to 4th in the SEC East, then they should go for Bo.

Edited by HuskerNation1