** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

I guess anything goes here in this random subject thread, but I cant read all the pages and comments to see if this question has been asked. 

No

Its not about Frost and our HC position. 

Regarding Tenn; has Les Miles name been brought up for it. Ties to SEC, maybe he would tell them to piss off, but just wondering? :dunno

This thread is more like the Coaching Carousel r/cfb with an extreme Husker flair now.

21 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

No reason to stress out etc. Just relax enjoy the chaos that is not unfolding at NU and know that we have our guy already. We can all finally say "look at their dumpster fire, glad that is not happening in Lincoln"

Right. I mean look at all the rumors going out everywhere. We're not being linked to anyone else. There's no news, there's no drama, it's just quiet. This threads pace has even slowed down at times. It's just a wait and see thing right now. If we start hearing any rumors of anything else, that's when we want to start paying attention. 

• Plus1 1

I'm not a big fan of FootballScoop, but I thought this was interesting...

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-jimbo-texas-dominoes-fall/

"FootballScoop’s understanding is Oregon has such concern that a deal between Taggart and the Seminoles could happen that it has begun doing due diligence on its own candidates in preparation for a second search in as many years. Sources tell FootballScoop Oregon does not consider Scott Frost “available” should their position open. Make your own assumptions from there."

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, GA Husker said:

Frank the Tank has repeatedly stated that when it comes to expansion, you need to think like a school president, not a coach or fan.  UCF/USF bring nothing to the table academically, and little if any research acumen..  

Whoa...he also said Athletic Director and/or Conference Commissioner moreso than a school president. And you need to look at the priorities/needs of each conference, as well as the Big XII candidates, as well as any restrictions on moving (e.g. Grant of Rights/GORs)

Different conferences are going to have different priorities with expansion. For example:

• Big XII: Getting large enough media markets to stay relevant and make a Big XII Network without Texass a reality. 
  • B1G: Adding prolific names to further embolden the B1G brand and get more TV sets in their massive footprint to tune in, expand recruiting footprint into SEC territory. 
  • SEC: Expanding recruiting footprint
  • Pac-12: Getting Mountain and/or Central Time Zone games to remain relevant and potentially restructure their TV deal
  • ACC: Getting more schools to expand TV and recruiting footprint

Couple that with the schools' priorities and ambitions:

• Oklahoma: Improve the school's academic cache, get into a viable, stable conference with a television deal and/or channel in place, improve Olympic/non-revenue sports
  • Kansas: Get into a viable, stable conference with a television deal and/or channel in place. 
  • Texass: Find a viable, stable conference that will allow them to keep Bevo TV and run the show politically. 

Texass doesn't have to move for money--Oklahoma and Kansas do (though neither are hurting). Texass also wants to keep their channel, and unless ESPN pulls the plug on it (the channel gets dismal ratings, yet it's a fiscal millstone around ESPN's neck because Texass must be paid the whole of the contract if the channel is cancelled), this channel will likely keep Texass from moving anywhere. 

And frankly, if Texass stays in the Big XII, they'll expand to remain relevant and have a shot at the Playoffs. That would likely mean schools like UConn, UCF, and/or Colorado State get to step up to the P5 world.

15 minutes ago, husker98 said:

My family back east would disagree with you.

However it is all a matter of perspective and what one values in the end I suppose. 

Back on subject UCF has no future in a power 5 conference. 

If things go the way many of the experts expect it will soon be a power 4 of 16 or so teams.

Cut will likely be left in the cold. I'm sure Scott has considered that possibility.

I don’t think it’s really debatable. Rutgers isn’t a bad school, but it doesn’t carry cache the way prestigious schools do. If a kid has really good grades and has a lot of options, he/she won’t have Rutgers near the top 5. You have Colombia, Princeton, Yale all within easy distance and Penn and Brown are also not too far. Cornell is a few hours upstate, but definitely a top choice in this area. Schools like Fordham and NYU come to mind well before Rutgers does. Heck many kids would look at Boston first with MIT, Harvard, Tufts, etc. first.

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Eichorst thought he was brilliant to select a guy that nobody else would ever want.

Except that it was brilliant, as Eichorst was a mole/double agent sent to sabotage our program. 

At least, that's the narrative I tell myself so I don't have to live with the reality that DoNU actually made a mistake and hired him in the first place--it's easier to believe he was a master saboteur. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

I guess anything goes here in this random subject thread, but I cant read all the pages and comments to see if this question has been asked. 

No

Its not about Frost and our HC position. 

Regarding Tenn; has Les Miles name been brought up for it. Ties to SEC, maybe he would tell them to piss off, but just wondering? :dunno

I'm surprised they haven't gone this route with Les Miles.

2 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

You know whats funny it was said that we had to wait such and such days 2 months ago.  Frankly im tired of waiting.  Nothing i can do about it but yea  over it.

Hi-Five-from-Cute-Puppy-GIF.gif

???  Moos said he wasn't firing Riley until the end of the year.  Then Nebraska and Frost basically confirmed it after our season was over.  Frost has one more game.  This is exactly the time line everyone expected except you apparently.

1 minute ago, caveman99 said:

I don’t think it’s really debatable. Rutgers isn’t a bad school, but it doesn’t carry cache the way prestigious schools do. If a kid has really good grades and has a lot of options, he/she won’t have Rutgers near the top 5. You have Colombia, Princeton, Yale all within easy distance and Penn and Brown are also not too far. Cornell is a few hours upstate, but definitely a top choice in this area. Schools like Fordham and NYU come to mind well before Rutgers does. Heck many kids would look at Boston first with MIT, Harvard, Tufts, etc. first.

Every school is a step down when compared to an elite Ivey league school. 

A school can be prestigious and not be a member of that esteemed group. Many are. 

Rutgers falls into that group as I understand it. But I digress it's what I have heard secondhand. 

2 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I'm surprised they haven't gone this route with Les Miles.

If they have not reviewed this option, I would be surprised too, but I am not up to speed on the happenings at Tenn. This is why I posed the Q. Thanks