** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

11 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I'm not a big fan of FootballScoop, but I thought this was interesting...

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-jimbo-texas-dominoes-fall/

"FootballScoop’s understanding is Oregon has such concern that a deal between Taggart and the Seminoles could happen that it has begun doing due diligence on its own candidates in preparation for a second search in as many years. Sources tell FootballScoop Oregon does not consider Scott Frost “available” should their position open. Make your own assumptions from there."

Just another piece of supporting evidence 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

jeez Jay Foreman showing his distain for frost on S and B today at the tail end of the segment.  It's definitely a jealousy thing with some of these former players.

What’d he say so I don’t have to listen to these clowns?

3 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Why?  I know all about the recruiting aspect and getting here etc. but this is such an unusual circumstance. Winning every game in your division, then if they do win  their CCG knowing you won't be allowed to coach these boys that you've spent the last two years developing for an opportunity to have a perfect season? I don't know. (And I'm asking sincerely 'why') I think that would be agonizing for Scott.  But he is an adult and there are always consequences to any decision that we make in life.  But I would like to know why this would be impossible.

Assuming you got this answered, but I'll throw in my thoughts. 

1. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.

2. Current roster. These kids will be done with classes by the 16th and transfer considerations will get very serious. 

3. Assistant coaches. Need to hire, get on same page, etc. 

4. Recruiting again. 

3 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

Ugh.  To anyone who follows the link, be sure to check out the 4 comments... first one being:

Deborah Elsasser 
Yep. I watched him at the presser introducing Coach Riley. First time I ever heard him speak. I was impressed and am also impressed with how he handled the search, from start to finish. I was becoming concerned with "wtf? and who is this guy?" thoughts about our AD because he is such an "in the shadows" operator. I was wrong. While unobtrusive, he is thoughtful, smart and swift when the time comes to act. Well done Shawn

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Ziebol the Red said:

What’d he say so I don’t have to listen to these clowns?

"When some things come to light, and you realize it ain't fair, but you know, there's some things we're going to have to swallow here that are coming pretty soon. I gotta use this weekend to get my mind right to prepare for it.  ..... Hopefully by next Wednesday I'll be at peace with it".

Jay Foreman on Scott Frost being N.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

"When some things come to light, and you realize it ain't fair, but you know, there's some things we're going to have to swallow here that are coming pretty soon. I gotta use this weekend to get my mind right to prepare for it.  ..... Hopefully by next Wednesday I'll be at peace with it".

Jay Foreman on Scott Frost being N.

If you haven't swallowed immature college s#!t after 20 years I am speechless 

• Plus1 8